The Top 10 Richest People in the US
Who are the Top 10 richest people in the US for 2011? Here is the Forbes list. You can no longer just be a millionaire to make the list. You need to be a billionaire.
If you notice, 4 out of the 10 are heirs of the Sam Walton Walmart fortune. Bill Gates tops the list and was founder of Microsoft. He is listed as #2 of the Top 10 richest in the world.
Christy Walton and Alice Walton are the only women mentioned on the list. The list hasn't changed much from the 2010 list.
Top 10 Riches People in the US - April 2012 update
The top 10 richest people in the US hasn't changed much from the 2011 list.
List of Top Ten Richest in the US for 2012
1. Bill Gates - Gates made his fortune as founder of Microsoft and is now the co-chairman of the Bill and Melind1a Gates foundation. He plans on giving away most of his money before he dies to various charitable organizations. His relationship with his mother was close and she worked for charities. This may be why he is a generous man and would like to help the world.
2. Warren Buffett - Buffett has made his fortune through investing. He started as a young boy and continued investing. His theory is patience is a virtue. If a stock goes down, just wait and it will go back up.
He also contributes to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
3. Larry Ellison - Ellison is the chief executive and co-founder of the Oracle Corporation, a software company. He was born to an unwed mother and when he got pneumonia at 9 months of age,his mother let her aunt and uncle adopt him. At the age of 48, he met his biological mother for the first time.
In 2006 he was rated as the richest man in the US.
4. Christy Walton and Family - Christy is the widow of John Walton who was one of Sam Walton's sons. After John's death Christy inherited $15.7 billion. Her fortune has come from the famous Walmart stores. She is rated as the 10th richest person in the world.
She is rated as giving more money than any other woman in the world to charity.
5. Charles Koch - Koch is co-owner and chief executive of the board for Koch Industries. It is the second largest company that is privately owned at least rated by revenue in the US. He and his brother David Koch inherited the company when their father passed away.
Koch Industries is involved in many different products.
6. David Koch - David Koch is the brother to Charles Koch. He is chief vice-president of the board for Koch industries. The Koch's believe in minimal taxes and less programs for the needy. They also promote less regulation on business including enviromental issues.
7. Sheldon Adelson - He is a self-made billionaire and has earned his money from casinos.
8. Jim Walton - He is another heir of the Walmart fortune and was Sam Walton's youngest son. He is rated as the 20th richest person in the world. He has a wife and 4 children and lives in Arkansas where the original Walmart was built.
9. Alice Walton - Her money also comes from being an heir to the Walmart money and is the daughter of Sam Walton. She is now the buyer for art for Walmart. She lives in Texas and loves horses.
10. S. Robson Walton - He is the eldest son of Sam Walton. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors for Walmart and has served in that position since his father's death.
You either need to be enterpreneur and start your own business, invest in stock starting at an early age, or inherit a large sum of money. You still probably won't make the Top 10 Richest list, but you may become rich.