- Entertainment and Media»
The best duets ever!
The 12 best duets of all time.
As you must know by now, I love to compose top 12 and top 10 lists about music. I always thought that this would be a fun and of course controversial venture to embark on. This includes all genres and a few surprises, I am sure.
Here are the honorable mentions-
Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers, Neal Diamond and Barbara Streisand, and Billy Squir and Queen almost made it. If you haven't heard Love is the hero, please check it out on you tube.
Enjoy, and please let me know your favorites below!
The best dueling dozen!
12. David Bowie and Queen ( Alright, it was really Freddy Mercury. The credits give the credit to Queen) Under Pressure- This was a fun rock hit from the 80's that asked, "Why can't we give our love one more chance?". Bowie, as he did in every duet, carried this with his strong
11. Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt, I don't know much- This was the monster hit that introduced Aaron Neville to the world. Linda has been wowing everyone with her voice since the 60's.
10. Robert Plant and Allison Krause, The letter- Being a big Led Zeppelin fan, I wasn't sure that I was going to like Robert plants new ventures. I was pleasantly surprised and loved this new team. I wish this two did more music together!
9. Gweneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis, Cruising together- Who knew that Gweneth, the beautiful actress could belt out a tune like this?
8. Gwen Stephanie and Moby,Southside- This one was about Gwen and her wild friends out joy riding. The guitar work was excellent, but what totally stole the show was Gwen's vocals on the chorus. She really let her voice loose after leaving No Doubt to go solo!
7.Sunny and Cher, I got you babe- Cher is another woman with a strong, amazing voice. She definitely carried this duel until, they got divorced.
6.Joe Cocker and Patti Labelle, You are so beautiful- This one is a fan favorite, because Joe's voice is so unique and Patti is one of a kind also. Up where belong almost made it as well.
The fab five!
5. Connie talbot and Sarah Connor (no not the terminator heroine) Ave Maria- Sarah Connor is Germany's version of Madonna or Britney I would say. And Connie was still in the fourth grade when they performed together. Connie sang in Japan, America, Germany, and several other countries on T.V. before she was even ten.
4. Pavarotti and Mariah Carey, Hero- The old theme song from the movie with the same title. Pavarotti could have filled the list himself. He was awesome, and showed up everyone he sang with, especially the male vocalists.
3. David Bowie and Bing Crosby, Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth-I never expected Bing Crosby to take a back seat to anyone, but Bowie's voice is so powerful that he over shadows whoever he sings with. This was no different!
2. Stevie Nicks and Don Henley, Leather and Lace- This is one of my all time favorites. Don and Stevie should have teamed up for the rest of their careers. This was a perfect tune for Henley's voice!
Here is the best, in my opinion. Let us see if you can guess who they are and what song.
1. Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman, Time to Say Goodbye- Sarah's voice is amazing and this is a great fit for Andrea. Together they mastered this all time classic!
Please tell me some of your favorites below.
- The Best Children's Songs EVER. Read over 3,000 times!
A list of some great big hits for the smallest of listeners and students.
- The Fourteen most romantic love songs ever! Viewed over 10,000 times.
Here are some of the most special love songs that set the mood!
- The best golden oldies! Motown and beyond.
At the end of the rainbow is a Golden Oldie! Here are the best!
- The 10 Best Opera Singers of all Times. Read over 55,000 times!
This is a list of the best opera singers as I see them. No, I am not doing this on any organizations behalf. I actually listed thirteen instead of 10. I added 3 to add to the controversy. Enjoy!
- The 20 best party/dance songs- With a Brand New Quiz! Read 20,000 times!
These 20 songs are not necessarily in the dance or club beat genre, but they still make you want to move and grove!