The best robot movies ever!
Some are good, some are not!
He came back!
Robot movies. Were there that many that they can be ranked?
Were there a lot of what I consider to be robot movies. This is a movie that revolves around a plot including the metallic, manufactured beasts from the future. If they play a key role or are central to the plot, they might get ranked. So, grease your gears, oil your whatever the heck they oil and enjoy!
Please try to remember, this is a list of the best movies and not the best robots.
Why The Forbidden Planet and Aliens are left out.
The robots had to at least play a big role in the story and not just appear as one of the characters. The highest ranking are movies that are actually about robots, or those that have a robot that the plot hangs on.
The best dozen ever
12. Runaway- O.k. so this was cheesy and low budget, but it was a cool and different role for Tom Selleck. Besides, that idiot Gene Simmons gets killed. Selleck play a futuristic cop that specializes in malfunctioning robots. Can he shut down this new breed of man killers?
11. Hardware- The leader of a cyborg army rebuilds itself and is ready for...well you know!
10. Cyborg- Yes the critics hated this, but Van Damme, Dayle Haddon, and Vincent Klyn were great in this. It was a cool story about human survival and a cyborg that held the key to the future.
9. 2001 A Space Odyssey- Hal 9000 was a trustworthy form of a. i. I said was. A quest began and Hal may be choosing sides other than ours!
8. Terminator Salvation- Christain Bale brings back the evil chunk of metal that is Hell bent on wiping out humanity.
7. Metropolis (1927)- This is extremely old and a true classic about a futuristic society who awaits a savior in the form of a robot.Weird, just like sci fi should be!
6. West World (19)- Yul Brenner of all people, leads this horrifying tale based on a what if, type of fear, that becomes reality.
Words you do not want to hear!
The fried out five!
5. Real Steel- I loved this story that Hugh Jackman and Evaneline Lilly lead! It was a great, passion filled family movie loaded with human and metallic freaks.
4. The Terminator (1984)- Arnold came back in a famous and unforgettable scene. Bent on the extinction of the human race, Arnold plays a bad guy and wipes out anyone he targets. Will his last target, Sara Connors survive?
3. Robo Cop (1987) Dead or alive...
He shot his way in to our hearts with his one liners and heroics. When the top of the hill was rotten, he learned how to climb!
2.Blade Runner- Harrison Ford's story of an experiment gone terribly wrong. He is out numbered by a powerful pair. Will he make to the end?
1. The Day the Earth Stood Still- The mighty Gort came from another planet, and of course, Ours would never be the same!