- Entertainment and Media
Vidya Balan, The eternal Saree Queen, HD pics, images, videos, songs, Unknown facts and more
DOB: 1st January 1978
Place of birth: Ottapalam, Kerela, India
Languages Know: Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, English and Bengali
Husband: Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO UTV
Who can forget the geeky Nerd from the famous television show Hum Paanch. Potrayal of Radhika Mathur, the geeky nerd who used to bump into walls every now and then, turned Vidya Balan into the most famous iconic personality in TV arena during the late 90's.
After success in Hum Paanch she tried many times to break into the Film Industry but never came near to making it big. She then started doing TV commercials and songs.
Soon, in 2003 she came up with an Independent Bengali movie, dram, called Bhalo Theko. Though it was not a big commercial success, it did lay the foundation of Vidya Balan's career.
She then bagged her first critically aclaimed Hindi movie, Parineetain 2005 and got the Filmfare award for best female debut.
Then there was no turning back for the beautiful princess.
She did commercial hit movie, Lage Raho Munna bhai in 2006 followed by Hey Baby in 2007. Both movies were hit and well received by the Audience.
In 2008 she did Kismat connection but she had to taste bitter reaction for the movie and was unsuccessful commercially.
Then came year 2009 which turned Vidya towards never ending stardom and fame, she did the movie Paa, followed by Ishqiya in 2010, No one Killed Jessica in 2011, The dirty Picture in 2011 and Kahaani in 2012. All the five movies with Vidya Balan serving five different roles with maximum conviction, tagged her with the name "female hero" .
Vidya Balan is truly now the female reflection of the Choosy Actor Aamir Khan, both do selective movies but place in their maximum conviction to bring the story alive, with the characters portrayed.
Facts about Vidya Balan
- Vidya Balan can speak six languages with ease; Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, English and Bengali.
- Vidya Balan entered the entertainment Industry at the age of 16 with the famous TV show Hum Paanch, as the geeky nerd Radhika Mathur.
- After her TV show success, Vidya Balan concentrated on her studies and completed her masters from Mumbai University in sociology.
- Vidya Balan was signed for 12 Malayalam films after she completed her Masters but was replaced in all twelve as she was labelled as bad luck, after her very first Malayalam movies Chakram was shut down due to production issues.
- Vidya Balan then tried her hands with Tamil movies but there also after been signed for Run and Manasellam she was replaced as the director was not happy with her work.
- She then bagged her first hindi movie Parineeta in 2003 and won the best female debut filmfare award.
- Vidya Balan won five Best Actress Filmfare awards for movies, Paa, Ishqiya, No one Killed Jessica, The Dirty Picture and Kahaani.
- Vidya Balan was honored with National Award for the movie The Dirty Picture.
- Vidya Balan loves to carry herself gracefully in a Saree. She is the only Bollywood queen who can be spotted in numerous events and award functions dressed sensuously in a Saree.
- Vidya Balan is truly the most Beautiful and elegant Saree Queen of Bollywood Industry.
- Vidya Balan got married to Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO of UTV, on 14th December 2012.
- Vidya Balan is trained in carnatic music, Bharathnatayam and Kathak.
- Vidya Balan is tagged as the "hottest vegie" and is a vegetarian.
Vidya Balan Interview with Rajeev Masand
Vidya Balan Song Oh La La
Vidya Balan doing Lavni Mala Jau De
Vidya Balan Pal Pal har pal
Vidya Balan hit HD song Ishq Sufiyana
© 2013 mr-veg