- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Top Horror Movies: Disturbing, Witty, And Gruesome Movies That Will Bring Out Your Dark Side
Movies you will NOT see on this list
Death of a Ghost Hunter
Blair Witch Project
Ghost Rider- Any of them. Mr. Cage is nowhere in this list.
1. Storyline: While the storyline slows down a bit in the middle of the movie, it engages the watcher and leaves them with a cliff hanger ending.
2. Directing: Pascal Laugier, the director who disappointed me with"House of Voices" surprised me with "Martyrs". He also brought us the 2012 film "The Tall Man" starring Jessica Beil3.
3.Special Effects: Make up artist, Benoit Lestang was in control of the special effects, making them more believable and life like. 8 out of 10 on effects.
4. Acting: 8 out of 10 for this French film.
5. Music: The eerie music makes for a haunting soundtrack. 7 out of 10
6. Thrill Level: 6 out of 10- the thrill factor dies out about halfway through the movie, but it is leveled out by the thought provoking ending.
7. Gore Factor: 9 out of 10- the gore is very believable.. Just wait for the exposed muscles.
8. Movie Date Worthy? If you're looking for a romantic night- this is not the movie for you. This is not the movie to cuddle up to. Save it for a night with the guys.. Or girls.
2. The Theatre Bizarre
1. Storyline: This film is six disturbing stories wrapped into one, full of blood, dismemberment, and sex. Those last two kind of go hand in hand. This movie is great for those with ADHD! It will suck you into each story.
2. Directing: Each film has a separate director- all of which were given the same budget. It is interesting to see how each director used their budget in different ways. List of directors:
3. Special effects: 8 out of 10. Very well done, blood and innards were very realistic... And don't forget the dismemberment!
Melissa Lyon Low
4. Acting: Considering there are six separate films in this anthology, the overall acting was magnificent. The actors put forth an emotionally riveting masterpiece.
5. Music: Decent music, 7 out of 10.
6. Thrill Level: Lots of thrill! The anticipation builds quickly I each story, 7 out of 10.
7. Gore Factor: 8 out of 10, blood, guts, and needles in eyes!
8. Movie Date worthy? Possibly, depending on how kinky your significant other is! Please do a preview first :)
3. Cabin in the Woods
1. Story line: The Story line here was great- very unique for a horror flick. I've never seen one quite like this. It is from the perspective of both the villans and the victims- I've always looked for a film with both sides.Of course it starts out with a bunch of college friends in a cabin- I was expecting the same old story line.
2. Directing: With Joss Whedon as a writer- you know I'm in! Directed by Drew Goddard, who also brought us Cloverfield. The directing was wonderful with collaborative efforts from all involved.
3. Special effects: 9 out of 10. Ecstatic about the effects in this movie! There are numerous monsters; and they all look very different- that's what I like to see!
4. Acting: Great acting; they through in some laughs as well; which evens out the movie.
5. Music: Great music for the environment- 8 out of 10
6. Thrill Level: Perfect thrill level! 10 out of 10. The pace of the movie is phenomenal.
7. Gore Factor: 9 out of 10- Cabin in The Woods is the best of 2012 when it comes to gore.
8. Movie Date worthy? Absolutely movie date worthy! The first in the list. She (or he) will be jumping and huddling up to you quick!
4. Truth or Die
1. Story line: A group of rich british friends are invited to a party deep in the woods. When they arrive, the guest of honor is nowhere to be found, just his older brother, who is full of vengeance.
2. Directing: Robert Heath did decent job in direction the film, during an interview on Shockya.com, Robert told us a bit about the film. “…[M]ost of the scripts I’ve read over the last 10 years…I just sort of [would think] ‘Well, I know what’s going to happen next.’ This one, I actually felt it was a great read. It was one of those scripts that you kind of run through it…[and] enjoy it.”
3. Special effects: 7 out of 10. The special effects were very mild, and very scarce, but for what they did use; it was decent.
Alexander Gunn; Also known for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Remake), Kick-ass, and Troy.
Mathew Strange; Also the Armour-er for Breaking Dawn (2013 re-make)
4. Acting: I want to point out the twisted villain here. His acting is wonderful- I found myself loving him more than anyone else in the movie.
5. Music: Great music for the environment- 8 out of 10
6. Thrill Level: Just the right amount of thrill- the thrill level leaves enough room for the dramatic story line, without dragging us into a Lifetime Movie.
7. Gore Factor: 7 out of 10. The gore scenes were bloody, but there could have been more.
8. Movie Date worthy? YES YES YES! A great date movie. It starts out sexy with (you guessed it) a game of truth or dare.
- iTunes - Music - Truth or Dare (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Richard Pryn
Preview songs from Truth or Dare (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Richard Pryn on the iTunes Store. Preview, buy, and download Truth or Dare (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) for $9.90. Songs start at just $0.99.
Number One Horror Movie By Year
Cabin in the Woods
The Thatre Bizarre
The Hills Have Eyes
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Mothman Prophecies
Requiem for a Dream
Funny Games: Original film
In the Mouth of Madness
Interview With the Vampire
The Good Son
Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth
Silence of the Lambs