- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Top movies of 2011.....so far
Half of the year has passed and Hollywood has been coming with mega-budget movies, small budget wonders and franchisee movies (The actual money makers this year), but which one among them made it to the list of most earning movies this year, lets have a look:
- 5. Kung Fu Panda- 2 Earnings - $154,272,459 Rotten Tomatoes Rating - 82% fresh Quick Review - Beating The other animated delights this year like the colorful Rio and Rango was this movie. If it came to story , it would be on the top of my list.
- 4. Thor Earnings - $177,378,842 Rotten Tomatoes Rating - 78% Quick Review - Though the movie adaption of Green Lantern came as a bit (no actually a lot) of disappointment, this one did great work at the box off supported similarly with a good story.
- 3. Fast Five Earnings - $207,880,550 Rotten Tomatoes Rating - 78% (Wow same as Thor) Quick Review - The fifth installment in the series, this one turned out to be completely different than its predecessors (those were basically of racing genre this one was a heist) and it worked, might be a no brainer, but awesome movie when it came to action sequences.
- 2.Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Earnings - $230,564,522 Rotten Tomatoes Rating - 33% Quick Review - Lacked a good storyline, but Jack Sparrow is still great and carries the whole movie on his shoulders and there was Penelope to add her zing to the movie. And the number one is :
- 1.The Hangover Part II Earnings - $244,948,646 Rotten Tomatoes Rating - 35% Quick Review - Story wise - Poor Gross wise - Amazing. That's all I can say. (how a movie with such a lame story became the top grosser, over-hyped!)
With top franchisees coming up with lame stories and grossing so much, is this going to be the year of lame franchisees?
Also Check Out Best And Worst Franchisee movies this year