Top ten ways to kill time
Ways to kill time
Killing time is something each and every one of us often find ourselves doing for various reasons. You may be waiting for a phone call, a friend or you may just be bored in general. It is not as hard of a task as it may seem to find something to do to pass the time by a little quicker. Here are some ideas to help you along the way.
- One thing I find myself doing quite often is writing a hub or blog. If it is something you enjoy doing this is a great way to kill a good amount of time and not even realize it. Even just surfing the Internet or visiting social networking sites such as myspace.com can be quite entertaining and can make the time pass by quickly.
- If you are just bored and looking for something creative to do try doing some gardening, painting, drawing, knitting or sewing, scrap booking, or creating a collage of family photos. This is a great idea if you are not on a time limit and you don't mind maybe getting a little bit dirty.
- Make a creative meal or bake a cake. The perfect way for a person who enjoys cooking to kill time is by maybe trying something different in the kitchen, besides you will reap the benefits later.
- Reading is an excellent option if you are in the waiting room of the doctors office. If you don't care to read try doing some crossword puzzles or word search games.
- Playing games are a fun way to kill time. Solitaire and other games you can play solo can be fun and interesting as well as pass the time by quickly. Playing games on an X Box, Nintendo DS, PlayStation or other game console can also be fun and exciting, before you know it you have passed hours by.
- Take Fido for a walk or play fetch with him. Your dog will love the attention and you will get a few laughs out of the deal.
- Relax in a hot bath. Doing this will make you feel like a whole new person and give you quality alone time at the same time. If you want to spice it up a bit have your partner join you.
- Watch a movie. That is a for sure way to get rid of an hour and a half maybe more. If you think about it how many movies have you said" I have got to see that!!" and then have yet to see.
- Play a new game with your children or even something traditional such as hide and seek or tag before you know it you are not only exhausted but you have lost an hour or two in the process.
- Take a nap. This can be healthy for you especially if you have a very active and busy lifestyle.
- Phone a friend. If you have that friend you have not talked to in a while giving them a phone call may brighten both yours and their day, not to mention if you like to talk on the phone you can really lose some time.
If you have tried all of these things and they do not seem to be working to kill your boredom try doing this. Sit down think about what you really enjoy doing that you have not done in while and then try doing it. It all amounts to personal choice and what you consider to be entertaining enough to be a good way to kill time.