- Entertainment and Media»
- Performing Arts
Types of strings
- Violin: the violin has a hollow wooden body which resonates when the violinist pulls a bow over the four strings. There may be thirty more violins in modern orchestra.
- Viola: The viola is larger and deeper voiced than the violin, and is played in same way.
- Cello: The cello’s full name is violoncello. It is the third largest member of the violin family and is played setting down.
- Double bass: The largest and deepest stringed instrument in orchestra is the double bass. Double bass players usually stand to play, pulling a blow across the strings, or plucking them.
- Harp: The orchestra harp has 48 strings of different lengths, attached to the top and side, and seven pedals at the base.