What is gallon smashing?
Is this the new biggest thing since planking?
Okay so picture this:
You're out on a grocery run getting your weekly shopping done. You're near the dairy section procuring yourself a gallon of milk when all of a sudden you hear the sound of someone slipping and then a loud thud. You turn to look and you see a teenager laying on the ground in the middle of a pool of milk.....a busted milk jug at his side.
If you've witnessed this anytime recently, you may have been the victim of a new prank that's being practiced in grocery stores called "GALLON SMASHING".
Just like "PLANKING" a few years ago, gallon smashing has become a new YouTube sensation that's receiving more hits than Rocky Balboa on a bad day.
How the heck do you do this?
It's really quite simple:
- Decide that you have nothing better to do that day than give yourself a concussion.
- Oh and a broken leg.
- Go to your local grocery store (Krogers, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.)
- Find yourself a few gallons of liquid, preferably milk or juice of some kind.
- Find yourself some unsuspecting people who aren't looking your way at the moment.
- Take a running leap into the air.
- Throw down your jugs of liquid while in midair.
- Eat floor.
- Wriggle about on the floor while trying to look as helpless as possible.
- Pick up your teeth.
*(special note: The author in no way, shape, or fashion is approving of or encouraging this practice. All I'm doing is describing how its done.)
Are these kids just having harmless fun?
Why does someone do this?
More often than not, to get a cheap thrill pranking someone into believing you had an accident....playing on their sentiments. It's quite the mindless activity really, serving no other purpose than to hurt yourself while someone else who works at the store cleans up the mess you've made.
I personally find the prank hilariously dumb because of a few reasons:
- You're destroying someone else's property not to mention brain cells.
- You're taking advantage of someone else's good nature in their desire to help you.
- You look plain goofy doing it.
I was mildly amused when I originally saw this but then I just realized how awfully painful it is to see someone do something that dangerous to themselves. Anyway, those are my personal thoughts on the topic.
We were all young once and I know I for one did many dumb things....so there you have it.
Prank gone wrong.
The whole reason Gallon smashing is getting so much attention lately is because there was one prank that went wrong and people got hurt. You can see that video here.
Kasman will be back with another hub soon, thanks for reading!