Why does it happen to me?
I Know there are people going through lots of things in life and they ask “why me?” but this is just a light-hearted article.
- Why is it that when I am running late for work and I am driving, all the Traffic Lights turn red when I’m approaching but on a Saturday, when I have all the time in the world to get to my destination, all the lights happily stay green?
- Why is it that when I sit down infront of the TV to have a lovely, delicious meal, with a nice glass of wine that they show an advert of a product that cleans toilets with images of the toilet etc or someone having an operation. (Honest, it happens to me a lot – I should just sit at the Dining table)
- Lots of people can relate to this. You wait for one bus for about 20 minutes and when it eventually arrives, about 3 of them (same number) arrive at the same time.
- Why is it that when I have no money and go Window Shopping, I see so many suitable things I could buy, but when I have a lot of cash on me I can’t even find one dress or anything that suits my taste.
- I’m a Lecturer and stick to the lesson times, but the one day out of the whoooole academic year that I allow my students to leave class about 25 minutes early, My manager comes down to pass on an important message to me. He looks at the empty chairs and I know what he’s thinking. I look at him and smile politely but inside me I'm thinking "Oh Sugar"! Why me?
- Why is it that when I meet a gorgeous, handsome well-mannered, gentle man, with a voice that could melt hearts and I think to myself “Ding Dong, finally, I’ve met the one”! I later find out that he is Gay.
- I have a special Fried Rice Dish which I know how to cook very well. Absolutely delicious and I’ve cooked it so many times. However, when I have visitors round and cook this same dish I either burn it or there’s too much salt/pepper. Very embarrassing.!
Have you noticed these “Why’s”?
- Why is that if you are sitting with friends having drinks, if one person picks up their drink – automatically everyone else does?
- Why is it that if you drink Coca-cola from a coffee mug, it doesn’t taste the same?
- If you think of someone you haven’t seen or heard from for months, they suddenly call you. (wish that worked with numbers on my lottery tickets – think of the numbers and they’ll come out)
- Why is it that if you talk about someone nicely and say how wonderful they have been – in the next few days that person would do something to offend you. Alternatively, if you say something works perfectly all the time, e.g a washing machine in your house. As soon as you say it, within a week, it would break down?
- Finally, let me leave you with a simple challenge. Try writing the number 6 on a piece of paper – while you are writing it, keep on moving your right foot in a cirle - clockwise. You will notice you can’t do it. Why? (However, You can write 6 with your right foot moving in a circle anti-clockwise).
Give it a try, its fun but very baffling!