Easy Couch Workout
Maintain The Insane
Oh Sweet Workout! - From The Couch
Ah, yes, keeping fit. The easy couch workout is the method I use. The couch and TV have always called out to me, sighing gently, bring the Cheetos and let's get cozy; we're in for the long haul now. I fought it and I fought it, but sadly, to no avail. I was and still am a hibernator at heart. It used to be December through February; now, even more sadly, it's November through March.
Drive Medical Pedal Exerciser
By George! A stationary bike!
Funny Fake Exercise
Folding Exercise Peddler
I could use one of these.
Move It Or Lose It
To stay fit, I use what is at my disposal. Couch yoga is one of the innovative start-up methods that I use to counteract the poisonous grasp of my own sloth. Couch bicycling follows logically from that. The first time it was hard to force upon myself yet another chore; but every time after that it got easier. In a short time, I too, was marching along with the band. Couch marching, as you may have presumed.
Oh yes you can! Don't wait until your muscles are atrophied. Or until your doctor is laying out the new heart attack rules. Now is the time to get off your butt!
One two three four
Who's that knocking at the door?
Healthy Swing Machine
Swing it to the left, swing it to the right.
Couch Potato Cat
The Yoga Bible - Online Bookmobile
Stay Fit Program
1) Get off your couch and take a walk. Move. Let your body make some of the movements it was created to make. Trips to the refrigerator and bathroom do not count.
2) Have a quiet time every day. The mind needs down time, rest time, play time as well as the body. No phone and no traffic if at all possible. A complete lack of noise is preferable. Let your head clear enough to think. The body and mind work together when it comes to being fit.
3) Sleep deep and carefree. If you're not resting well, you need to find a way to make that happen or you will not be fit and healthy, but rather drained and tired. Try a soft blue light, a new mattress, aroma therapy, or a nightly self hypnosis routine that calls upon safe rest.
4) Eat a vegetable on occasion. Maybe some fruit. Tell yourself it's very good and you like it and you want more. Then do it again the next day.
5) Drink some water, it's good for you. Every once in a while, try to replace whatever you usually drink with a glass of water.
6) Be logical with your food choices. Whole grains, beans, a little more good stuff and a little less junk. If your body was a car, and you put a bunch of junk in rather than fuel and oil, it would be a hiccuping and jerky ride, if you could get the car running at all.
7) Get a hobby, something you do that isn't work and doesn't make you feel beholden or on duty. Let no sacrifice be involved, but rather stimulation and relaxation for the mind, the soul, the body.
8) Ride a bike, hike, skateboard, or walk. Enjoy nature at the same time. May you rise to meet the sun and may the wind ruffle your hair.
9) Learn some yoga, take a class. Let a little free movement into your life. It's amazing how many kinds of stress yoga relieves, what kind of freedom it provides. Learn what your body wants and needs and likes.
10) Most important of all, get off the couch at least once a day. Start with some couch bicycling to get your blood flowing.
Heavy Exercise Handles
Oh yeah, these are painful.
© 2011 Linda Hahn