jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Is the design for Kermit's new girlfriend offensive to women?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12622480.jpg
    According to various news articles, many feminists are outright p***ed off about Kermit's new girlfriend saying it's insulting how Kermit not only got with a younger piglet, but she's skinnier than Ms. Piggy too, so this has caused many to cite how this sends a bad message to kids.  What are your thoughts on this?  Does the fact that Kermit happens to be dating a younger and skinnier pig, after breaking up with Ms. Piggy, send the wrong message to kids? Or do you think anyone who's making a big deal out of this needs to be quiet?  Please discuss.

2. Kara Skinner profile image84
    Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago

It's definitely not a big deal in my opinion. I never liked ms piggy because she was the most obnoxious muppet so if kermits new girlfriend is less annoying (which I don't know this is the first I've heard of her) then he started dating her because she was more compatible with his personality than ms piggy was which is a good thing to teach kids.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

OMG, can we get more PC?  A cartoon anthropomorphic frog has a skinny pig for a girlfriend that appears younger than the last one and people are "offended"? 

Only those with a giant chip on their shoulder, actively looking for something to be offended by.

4. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 2 years ago

Much ado about nothing.  Some people need a life.

5. paradigm search profile image61
    paradigm searchposted 2 years ago

One of her ears is longer than the other. Kermit can do better.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

I wish she was cuter.  Like, curly short pink (or green) hair and ears a little farther apart. The eyes are a bit slutty. She should have smiling eyes, not alluring eyes.

1. Kara Skinner profile image84
      Kara Skinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually the eyes remind me of Bratz dolls eyes, so that seems right in line for kids. And how exactly can eyes be slutty? And I'm not sure why Kermit has a thing for pigs either. A frog and a pig being together is way more disturbing to me than her size, eyes, or age.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
        Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

watch this  youtube video, as Kermit pretty much explains why he's attracted to pigs, as he says it's the curly tail that turns him on.  wink   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctMDfaWKEJs

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

working