jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

ok i saw a movie maybe 15 years AGO at the start there where people chasing a ro

1. profile image47
    alienpimpposted 8 years ago

ok i saw a movie maybe 15 years AGO at the start there where people chasing a robot through a...

corn field to repair it i think and the movie was in colour oh and its not short circuit sorry thats all i know can you help ?

2. profile image44
    A.I. Nomenposted 8 years ago

The movie is called "Runaways" (1984).  Written and directed by Michael Crichton and starring Tom Selleck, Cynthia Rhodes, and Gene Simmons (yes, the very same from Kiss).

A future in which robots do practically everything for us.  They do construction, do service jobs, and in the case of the one at the beginning...they work our farms.  Tom Selleck's character is a cop that specializes in robots that malfunction and go wild doing whatever they want, aka "runaways".

3. profile image47
    alienpimpposted 8 years ago

wow thanx i thought with such little info it might be a toughie that has plagued me for years just never thought about looking for a site like this

4. rickzimmerman profile image75
    rickzimmermanposted 7 years ago

For a perhaps much more satisfying movie on the 'cop-retiring-robots-that-go-berserk' theme, check out 'Blade  Runner', with Harrison Ford & Sean Young, which is based on a very well-known Philip K. Dick sci-fi story. (The flick introduced a buff Rutger Hauer and a striking and young Sean Young to viewers. It also has one of Darryl Hannah's best movie roles.)

working