Best way to get gigs?

1. Syrusv37 profile image90
    Syrusv37posted 7 years ago

Best way to get gigs?

I used to be in a band and then we split. It seemed so much easier to get gigs back then that it is now, considering I'm trying to get back into the gig scene with just solo acoustic songs. Any suggestions on where to look for gigs? I've tried coffee shops, cafe's, etc but my town is small and I'm running out of ideas. My friends say my songs are good, but the only way I'll know for sure is if I actually get a solo gig. Any help would be awesome.

2. JP993 profile image90
    JP993posted 7 years ago

Aren't there any "open mic" gigs near you? This where usually anyone can perform at a pub/ club and get their foot in the door and then get offered or put in the righ direction for other gigs.

3. sfmetro profile image60
    sfmetroposted 7 years ago

There are alot of things you can do.  For starters, burn some cd's with a professional insert and send them to the program director of local radio stations in and around your town that play material that is similar to yours.  Be sure to include a bio and tell your story.  If they think you're good, you will get some airplay.  Follow up with the program director to find out what he thinks about your music.  If you don't have local radio stations in your town then try the biggest city closest to you.  If you get airplay, you can contact venues that are in "ear shot" to the radio station.  If you have guts, you can try sending your CD to your local newspaper with hopes of getting a good review.  A good review in a paper can help you land gigs.  But there is no guarantee of a good review.

You may want to consider moving to a bigger city.  You're in a tough industry.  Nothing is easy any more. Everyone is working harder then ever for a lot less than before.  Good luck.  Hard work and perseverance pays off.

working