jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who is the greatest male dancer of all times ?

1. Wonder Referrals profile image38
    Wonder Referralsposted 6 years ago

Who is the greatest male dancer of all times ?

Now, you choose the one that moves the dance floor !
    Michael Jackson , James Brown, Chris Brown , Derek Hough, Fred Astaire ,
    Usher, Prince , Usher, MC Hammer, or Gregory Hines.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5495384_f260.jpg

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Of the group you list, it has to be Fred Astaire with Gergory Hines second-but I must point out. In regards  to most of these people not being born before the studio system ended:

The greatest male dancers of all time were from the classic era of Hollywood. Looking at this era alone It would come down to Fred Astaire and Mr. Bojangles himself Bill Robinson-more people know Astaire so he would probably win. Other  greats from that era who contend for the title are Gene Kelly, Jimmy Cagney, Sammy Davis Jr. and Mickey Rooney.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Chris Brown has amazing moves - so does Usher, but for stage presence it has to be MJ. He was the only one out of all them to be able to sing well and dance - many of Usher and Brown's moves are just recycled down from MJ.

I've never seen Derek Hough dance apart from in Cheryl Tweddy's song, where he was good - but that was staged, so I cannot really mark him against Jackson, Usher and Brown.

I don't like MC Hammer, or Prince - so no to them. The other two I don't know.

4. Pauladance.co.uk profile image61
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 6 years ago

What about Donald O'Conner .... the one who danced 'up walls'!  But currently, Derek Hough.

5. shamani67 profile image59
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

I like Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing. LOL

working