jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why does everybody seem to want to be famous?

1. i_am_monk profile image60
    i_am_monkposted 6 years ago

Why does everybody seem to want to be famous?

2. BWD316 profile image85
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

its the celebrity culture that is ingrained in us from an early age and bombards us on a daily basis in media.  When news stories put the latest celebrity beakup or dui next to news stories about war, it elevates the idea of Celebrities as important while pulling down the importance of other stories, that may be even life or death.  The celebrity is also part of the "American Dream" that idea that you can go from rags to riches in no time, like the very lucky few that have become famous.

3. Rajan Dhir profile image73
    Rajan Dhirposted 6 years ago

I think it is our desire to be something, at some place which makes us to be a part of it. This feeling of being something is hard to explain because it is entirely based on an illusionist's point of view that how happiness looks like. The celebrity culture is to blame here. Then i think again and find it to be somewhat wrong. We cannot blame them as they (the celebrities) are also being eaten and beaten by the same monster.
    It is a fair indication that we are not satisfied with our own lives. We just need to start working on it more. I hope that it has answered your question, to an extent.
    Thank you.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Because they're completely nuts, and don't think about everything this is going to entail -- then again, that could just be my own introverted opinion. Alan Alda said in Never Have Your Dog Stuffed that if you're famous and not rich, you're being completely ripped off. If you think it's high-pressure living your life for your spouse and/or kids, try having the rest of the world thinking they need a say in it too, and having your picture smeared all over the tabloids if you gain two pounds, or get in an argument with your significant other, or have a beer on a Friday night.