jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you listen to entire albums anymore or just listen to the songs you like?

1. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Do you listen to entire albums anymore or just listen to the songs you like?

I recently made a hub about the history of vinyl and new technologies.  I think with iPods and digital ways of listening to music, less people care about an entire album and simply listen to the songs they like.  What do you think?

2. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

Most of the time I just listen to the songs I like...it's too easy to do that nowadays with iTunes and Pandora. However, there are times, when I will get an actual CD...but it has to be an artist I completely love and want to have a collection of their music on hand.

3. otsipaku profile image82
    otsipakuposted 6 years ago

It depends. Some of my favorite albums - I listen the entire album. Otherwise, only some songs. And I think that you are right about the caring less about entire albums.

4. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I only purchase and listen to the songs I like. I mean, really, why would I listen to something I didn't like?

5. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

More Top 40's then your favourite artist nowadays. I enjoy listening to whole albums of dance/electro music though; as they seem to be all good. On singing albums I find some songs tend to be slightly less thought through then others.

6. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 6 years ago

Whenever I get a CD, I listen to each song in totality at least once. After that, I only listen to the songs I like. I don't have an IPod or any other device where I can download single songs. That's why it great that depending on when a CD was released, my SUV lists the names of all the tracks so I can easily scroll to the songs I like.

7. profile image0
    MCSkwAyrD93posted 6 years ago

well yeah ur ryt...very few ppl listen to albums nowadays n i'm the only one amongst my friends who does lol...i listen to albums in their entirety of my fav artists like eminem, biggie, bon jovi, aerosmith, michael jackson..the rest i jus hear once n del d songs i know i wont be listenin to again..n nyc hub by the way..keep up the good work xD

8. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 6 years ago

I almost don’t buy CDs anymore but I still play the ones I have from before the iPods boom. I listen to my CDs while taking a shower and in my car. There are only a few that have all good songs but if I bought it, it had at least 80% good ones. One of my all time favorites is  Björk’s “Debut” album.

9. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for sharing your answers!

MCSkwAyrD93, Thank you for reading my hub!  I like the artists you listed.

I think that because we don't listen to entire albums anymore, artists are now less concerned with making a complete album or concept album because people will just choose the songs they like and disregard the others.

Examples of amazing albums I love to listen to all the way through are Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and U2's Joshua Tree.  They both have hit songs on them, but as complete albums, they are amazing.

Thanks again!

10. darvinbunder profile image61
    darvinbunderposted 5 years ago

I buy the whole album, usually in CD format, to listen to the arrangement of songs the way that the artist(s) meant them to be heard.