jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best recommended Holiday movies to watch?

1. learner365 profile image78
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What are the best recommended Holiday movies to watch?

2. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

So many holiday movies to choose from, new and old!  The Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas in Connecticut, White Christmas and Scrooge - all old standbys!  Then along came Christmas Story, the new Scrooge with Bill Murray, Polar Express (though a 'cartoon' a fabulous movie), the list goes on!

3. Word Caddy profile image61
    Word Caddyposted 6 years ago

My choice of christmas viewing is definitely Home Alone 1 and 2 (still hilarious after so many years), Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Die Hard, Nightmare Before Christmas...definitely the ones I tend to rewatch.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

White Christmas, Miracle on 34th St.(the old one), The Bishop's Wife (old one with Cary Grant).  And I also love most of the Hallmark Christmas movies this time of year.  They are all very corny and very predictable and always leave a smile on my face.

5. CookwareBliss profile image73
    CookwareBlissposted 6 years ago

One of my favorite Christmas movies is "Christmas with the Kranks". Tim Allen and Jaime Lee Curtis are funny in this movie!

6. Tiger Mom profile image60
    Tiger Momposted 6 years ago

My favorite is 'The Christmas Story' where little Ralphie really really wants a Red Ryder BB gun, shot in 1983.  The classic movie channels play it marathon style for 24 hours on Christmas Day (today).

7. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

I know its the day after Christmas, but may I recommend the classic Cary Grant film, "The Bishop's Wife," in which Grant plays an angel. Denzel Washington played an angel in the remake of that movie; its called "The Minister's Wife."

You have to see "A Christmas Story," about the kid desperate to get a BB gun for Christmas. "You'll shoot your eye out, Ralphie!"