jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the things that define your childhood?

1. rob_allen profile image84
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

What are the things that define your childhood?

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Sports, Sports and moore sports!  Wouldn't be who I am if sports wasn't incorporated into my childhood "pass time"

3. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

I believe it is your parents and your family.  Having had wonderful parents and family I remember my childhood as wonderful.  There were ups and downs as in any life but on a whole it was good because of them.  Their love and support was always there making me feel loved and safe.

4. profile image0
    kate-olsonposted 6 years ago

Lonliness. I was very isolated. Because of that, I spent my spare time reading everything I could get my hands on! When I wasn't reading, I was practicing music or exploring the beauty of the woods behind my house.

5. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

I think parents and the relationship with them are extremely important. The fact is that if you have loving, supporting, strong parents you will feel safe and loved and that gives you time and space to grow psychologically and to become a strong person, believing that everything is possible and you can do everything. Also they can be an example and our moral compass. I give extra importance to parents, because unfortunatelly I lost my father at a very young age and I felt and feel what that can do to you. Although my mother was very caring and strong, there was that one person missing and being just a child you don't exactly understand why, so that causes pain, grief and doubt. Nevertheless I was able to overcome that, but it defined me as a person. As a mother, nowadays, I hope that my children never experience this loss.