A good perch video but I was slightly surprised that you didn't wet your weighin

1. profile image50
    zefMikeposted 6 years ago

A good perch video but I was slightly surprised that you didn't wet your weighing sling.

I enjoyed your video but wonder why you didn't wet your sling in the interests of fish welfare.  Big perch are more plentiful these days, but they need and deserve good handling.  Everything else in your video looks spot on!

2. Piscator profile image82
    Piscatorposted 5 years ago

Hi, 
      Sorry about the delay in answering your question. The sling was already damp from previous fish.

I totally agree with you that perch deserve good handling but equally important and the real reason I wrote the hub was to promote the sunken paternoster idea and the concept of using the lead and the float as a bolt rig effect to reduce the danger of deep hooking perch. Too many books I have read stress a resistance free rig which increases the chances of deep hooking and subsequent damage or death to the fish.

Glad you enjoyed the video and hope you found something you could use in it.

Tight lines

working