jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does using your brain too much wear it out?

1. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 6 years ago

Does using your brain too much wear it out?

2. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

I believe that it does..overworking can lead to stress and you will not be able to focus properly. When I study for school and I read too much I begin to forget everything i've read! Yes so overworking your brain will lead to confusion and stress.

3. changer22 profile image62
    changer22posted 6 years ago

I think if you work really hard for long periods of time it can make you feel mentally drained, which is not a good thing. But I don't really think you can ever wear your brain out since it is an organ that is always growing and developing as we gain new experiences and learn new things.

4. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 6 years ago

To be honest, I doubt very many people are at risk. *rim shot*

But I don't think excessive brain use can damage your brain function in the long term, if that's what you're asking. On the contrary, mental exercises like crossword puzzles have been shown to slow the advancement of Alzheimer's and other aging-related brain and memory problems.

5. Ana Teixeira profile image81
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure.. but I believe that your brain cells actually live longer if you workout your brain more often. Of course if you spend all day with high brain activity it can make you really tired.. but it will also make you smarter!

working