jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What constitutes a "good" song?

1. darvinbunder profile image59
    darvinbunderposted 5 years ago

What constitutes a "good" song?

You're driving in your car, windows down, sun shining on a gorgeous late May afternoon, and your iPod is plugged in with the volume cranked. That song, that very special song that just gets to you comes on and you start jamming out like crazy.
    What is it about those special songs that make them so good?
    Is it the lyrics, the catchy tune, the progression of the song, or the depth of it that makes it such an awesome song? (Or is it something else)

2. RichieGils profile image60
    RichieGilsposted 5 years ago

To me, a good song is one that has the power to connect with me, move me, and take me somewhere else. It doesn't have to be about a certain subject and it doesn't have to be sung by any artist in particular.

Sure, all of the elements of the song have to come together just so, but it also must contain that special something that isn't so easily defined. When it's not there you know it. When it is there you feel it deep in your soul.

3. Vasiliki Bouras profile image59
    Vasiliki Bourasposted 5 years ago

1. The song has to mean something in general.
    Whether its the artist expressing his/her emotions, or means something to you.
    2. The song must be creative and artistic.
    3. Must be a collaborative by artists or an artist, creating art.... not money making creations.
    There is more to say, but when you listen to a good song, you just know. It is easier to seperate quality versus corporate music pushing hands on when your listening. Not so easy to explain in writing.

4. cherriquinn profile image79
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

Meaningful lyrics that speak to me, provokes emotion and has a message. A good melody always helps as well as the technical elements working.