Is Marilyn Monroe still the modern icon of beauty's timelessness?

1. Johnathan L Groom profile image33
    Johnathan L Groomposted 5 years ago

Is Marilyn Monroe still the modern icon of beauty's timelessness?

I believe, with new stars everyday, it's necessary to encompass the X generations thoughts as well.  What about Paris Hilton or Eva Longoria?

2. jaybird22 profile image68
    jaybird22posted 5 years ago

Paris Hilton and Eva Longoria?  Just curious how you pulled out those names? Those must be two of your favorites ;-)

I think Marilyn Monroe will always be depicted as an icon but no I do not believe she is the modern icon. The reason I feel this way is because there has been a tremendous amount of change when it comes to feminine hygiene, style, and even body types.  Technology has changed on how people receive images and streaming video of icons.

Look at super models plaguing current magazines around the globe now days. These women are tall and hella skinny.  Totally different body types.

Look on TV and online, women are athletic looking whereas Marilyn was a product of natural beauty. With technology in fitness, there are nutrition shakes, bars, machines, supplements, etc, etc.  These women are in great shape and look like they can pull a plow.  And with good reason...because they can :-) 

There is too much plastic surgery now days. If people have the money, they can look however they want. Lot of lyposuction, botox injections, collagen implants, breast implants and on and on. What we are seeing isn't real. It's become so prevalent, who on TV is real anymore. How can we tell the difference?

As far as technology goes, there is digital cameras and photo re-touching.  There is also cell phones, ipads, laptops, Facebook, Twitter, and computers that allow people to know every time their idol icon takes a dump. 

People born into this generation of technology see women of the present plastered in their every living crevice and don't appreciate the natural beauty Marlyn possessed.  They would simply look at a picture of her and say, "wow! She needs to work on her thighs, get that mole shaved off, get a blow out and a tan!"

3. shiningirisheyes profile image59
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

To me, she is.  I learned that she was an extremely smart and savy business woman as well.  She was also from an era where icons were truly icons.  She had substance and brains that many did not know about.  She also was not "thin" and had a shape closer to what real women are.