jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Now that the 2nd episode of "VEGAS" has aired, what is your opinion?

1. angel4967 profile image61
    angel4967posted 5 years ago

Now that the 2nd episode of "VEGAS" has aired, what is your opinion?

"Vegas" had a stellar launch but some critics took umbrage with the title and character development.  Now that the second episode has aired we are seeing a lot more development of characters and story lines.  Since this is loosely based on the real life story of Sheriff Ralph Lamb, do you think this show is headed in the right direction and will it last?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7231114_f260.jpg

2. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

After thoroughly enjoying the two shows of Vegas that have been on TV I think the characters, the set and the plots are fantastic. I try to never listen to critics because by and large I normally don't agree with their opinions anyway. I hope the show makes it.

angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!  I happened to be one of the biased people.  Love, love Dennis Quaid, have lived in Las Vegas for over 15 years and have met the infamous Ralph Lamb in person so my opinion is a little slanted. Thanks for yours pagesvoice!

3. Robin Oatley profile image71
    Robin Oatleyposted 5 years ago

I'm not that much of a fan of Vegas myself. I must admit that the second episode was better than the first, but it just doesn't do that much for me. It is so predictable that Savino always has something to do with the case-of-the-week. For me, it's not exciting to find out what happened, because Savino('s men) always did it.
    From the ratings it becomes clear that Vegas is more popular with people over 50 years old than with younger people. And since advertisers only care for 18 to 49 year olds, I'm afraid the show won't last very long.

angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Robin you are absolutely right, I checked on the ratings too.  Because this is an old school show, all the older folks (and by the way I'm not that old, lol) are more interested since it takes them back.  We'll have to see.

working