jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would Alfred Hitchcock like A&E's Bates Motel?

1. Tim Quam profile image59
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

Would Alfred Hitchcock like A&E's Bates Motel?

Bates Motel is a prequel to Hitchcock's Psycho, though it is set in modern times.  The master of cinema was no stranger to television, having created Alfred Hitchock Presents, which ran from 1962 through '66.

2. KarinthiaCeres profile image60
    KarinthiaCeresposted 4 years ago

Yes. The story line stays true to his movies of how people are the psycho killing monsters. The clothing and sets also seem to be from the time period in which his movies were made. For me I think he would love it.

3. Laurinzo Scott profile image72
    Laurinzo Scottposted 4 years ago

I think not... simply because as a writer... you have a vision of not only your characters, and plot but what you individually want to convey. It is your baby, and it would be like someone trying to tell you how to raise your child...

4. hugheshhrs profile image83
    hugheshhrsposted 4 years ago

Hitchcock Presents started back in the early-mid fifties and ended before 1962. The half hour series was replaced by an hour-long series called Suspicion, named after the movie with Cary Grant.

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I dont think he would. His movies were much more psychological and less gory or brutal. I however love the show. the gal that plays as norma is really good and makes the show.