jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which musician/composer would you choose to write music about your life?

1. ZungTran profile image83
    ZungTranposted 4 years ago

Which musician/composer would you choose to write music about your life?

Imagine your biographical movie: if you were given a chance to have a musician or composer to write a music score for your life, who would you choose?

I'd probably pick Michael Giacchino - great fan of his work especially in Ratatouille.

2. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 4 years ago

I can only say I'm torn. It would be one of three. John Williams, Hans Zimmer, or Howard Shore.
    This is possibly because in my own head my life is absolutely epic and deserves to be scored as such. Lol. I would be perfectly happy with any of them. smile

3. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

It would probably be Wojciech Kilar, as I enjoy his lush, sensual work. If for any reason Mr. Kilar couldn't, my next choice would be Mark Snow. Loved his score for Millennium!

4. e-five profile image96
    e-fiveposted 4 years ago

Sufjan Stevens, hands down, without a second thought.  His Michigan and Illinois albums were wide-ranging, complex, and evocative.  And his soundtrack for a film about the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway was a electronic-classical piece that showed his growth and creativity in composition.  If you're not familiar with his work, I highly recommend it.

Here's a sample of his work from the BQE Soundtrack: