jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What insurance icon do you most wish would be permanently retired?

1. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

What insurance icon do you most wish would be permanently retired?

Insurance icons are often so over-used people become sick of them quicker than the line moves at the claims office. If you had the power to get rid of just one, which insurance icon would you ax from ad world: the Geico gecko..Allstate's "Dollar for dollar" man..Progressive's Flo..General's General..Allstate's Mayhem..another one?

2. Thief12 profile image92
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The Geico gecko is boring and not funny. I really don't like Flo that much either. The General ads look cheap as hell. My current favorites are the two folk guys playing guitar. I think they're from Geico too. Also, the "Mayhem" guy from AllState is pretty funny.

1. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thief12, I agree about the gecko and Mayhem - I actually wish they made more with him.

3. Sharkye11 profile image96
    Sharkye11posted 4 years ago

Hard to choose between the General and the Gecko. I don't either of those. Sometimes Flo is okay. And I never notice the Allstate guy except to think to myself what a great voice he has. As long as they don't get rid of Mayhem...I'm cool. I love Mayhem!

I do hate the ones where they sing the ditty and the insurance agent appears. Those are really annoying! They are welcome to roast the Afflac duck too!

4. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I'd say to get rid of Allstate's Mayhem.  I just don't like him and thinks that he doesn't represent the company well.  He looks like he has a cocky attitude and I just don't like the commercials. 

I'd say keep Flo, as those Progressive commercials are mostly funny and innovative.  Plus Flo is semi attractive, so it helps. 

The General commercials don't play here too often, so they really don't bother me.

Lastly, the Gecko from Geico is getting old, too.  So I'd say it's a toss up between Mayhem and the Gecko.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I like Flo from the Progressive commercials.... She's kinda hot.

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

By far the General and their ridiculous commercials about how it is anonymous.

7. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Ghost32 wrote this highly entertaining Hub about my question! http://ghost32.hubpages.com/hub/What-In … ly-Retired

8. mdeyoung profile image59
    mdeyoungposted 4 years ago

Without a doubt the Gecko from Geico.  I believe these commercials using these animals are an insult to out intelligence.  I find them neither cute nor funny and I refuse to buy anything that is advertised by a talking animal, especially one with a British accent (as if that is supposed to make them smarter?).  When they show a woman staring seductively at these animals I wonder what is wrong with the people making these commercials! Seriously, a woman riding off in the sunset with a lizard (or a pig in another commercial).

9. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

All of them.  At first I loved Flo - but even she is getting on my nerves and becoming annoying.