jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Tim Burton's films create dreams or nightmares?

1. Vee Pareja profile image60
    Vee Parejaposted 4 years ago

Do you think Tim Burton's films create dreams or nightmares?

Burton's movies are sometimes called 'bizarre', however do they invoke fear or valor? Name a film/films that make you think this?

2. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

Nightmares! I'm sorry, but Tim Burton's creations have always totally creeped me out. The only one of his movies that I have seen from start to finish is "The Nightmare Before Christmas". That movie is beyond bizarre: it is disgusting! Halloween characters taking over Christmas?! And they aren't even cute Halloween characters! They are all completely gross. 

I've seen little clips of "Corpse Bride", and once again, HOW can a woman literally falling apart (with worms coming out of her!) be considered a work of art?

I don't want to offend anyone who does like Tim Burton. But I just don't get it.

1. Vee Pareja profile image60
      Vee Parejaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No need to apologize! Everyone has their own opinion. Your answer has been extremely helpful, it seems that Burton has succeeded in invoking this type emotion from you from. Which is probably what he wanted to achieve.

2. bat115 profile image80
      bat115posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Watching his movies as a child gave me the best dreams! I felt at home in the world he has created in his movies.

working