jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite song and why?

1. KevinC9998 profile image78
    KevinC9998posted 4 years ago

What is your favorite song and why?

My favorites usually remind me of a special time or person in my life.

2. profile image0
    Michelle Widmannposted 4 years ago

My favourite song tends to change very often, but right now, it's Stray Heart by Green Day. I find that songs that specifically remind me of people tend to be sad ones, so I try to avoid them at all costs. Or if the songs that remind me of people are, in fact, happy, they aren't usually my favourites, because favourite songs, for me, should be ones I can listen to again and again with different images in my head, or no images at all interrupting the music.

Stray Heart by Green Day is upbeat and kind of different from their usual style, but it's got all of the elements of my favourite band, and its lyrics have nothing to do with my life in particular, which ends up inspiring motives for story characters I write later on.

3. kereeves3 profile image81
    kereeves3posted 4 years ago

My all-time favorite song is "Tiny Dancer" from Elton John's Madman Across the Water album (1971).  I have always told people that I was born in the wrong decade, and I am obsessed with all things from the 60s and 70s.  So when I first saw the movie Almost Famous, I was hooked immediately.  This movie portrayed everything that I love about that era in Rock & Roll music, and I would have loved to experience it.
    "Tiny Dancer" stands out to me because of that single scene where the band featured in the movie is on the verge of breaking up, but come back together in a sing-along on their tour bus.  It shows how music has the power to heal and unite people, regardless of their current situations.

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

I don't have any single favorite song. I have lots of them and they change with my mood and activities.
    My music for driving is nothing like my music for going to sleep or for making love.

5. Tygher41 profile image81
    Tygher41posted 4 years ago

"Strangelove" by Depeche Mode. I love the lyrics and the songs rhythm is great and upbeat while keeping their dark and electronic sounds.