jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Is it true that American college offers a course on Beyonce,

1. Adityapullagurla profile image70
    Adityapullagurlaposted 4 years ago

Is it true  that American college offers a  course on Beyonce,

Rutgers University in America has introduced a class that centres on one of the world's most influential figures

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8694978_f260.jpg

2. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 4 years ago

Not sure why you asked and then answered a question. Do you not believe yourself?

Adityapullagurlaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to confirm the authenticity of the the news. Could not believe myself

2. junkseller profile image86
      junksellerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it is an American thing, but these types of critical examinations of pop culture via an icon or pop movement seem somewhat common (and are usually pretty interesting and useful).

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I have not heard of this, but if it is true, I hope my children stay the hell away from this university. What an utter waste of time and academic costs!

1. junkseller profile image86

Based upon your reaction, a critical examination of pop culture might actually be right up your alley (and your kids). The class isn't Beyonce make-up tutorials.

2. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If my kids had to pay out tuition or take out a college loan for such a class, I'd hope it be for Coheed and Cambria or Avenged Sevenfold; at least their "influence" has substance smile

3. junkseller profile image86

Wouldn't be my first choice either, but the how and why that someone like Beyonce DOES have influence (regardless of substance) can be an interesting and worthy examination. It doesn't have to be a positive endorsement.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I haven't heard of it, but it may be true. The weirdest (according to some people) college class I took was called "Star Trek and Modern Man". It was  based on the television show and we discussed some of the topics which were considered controversial when the show originally aired and how the show influenced modern culture.

Adityapullagurlaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if they will also include Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Let's hope not unless they're using them as examples of what not to do.

working