jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What is your guilty pleasure song?

1. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

What is your guilty pleasure song?

Do you have a song that you are not quick to admit that you like? For example maybe you are a  Heavy Metal fan who sings that Celine Dion song from Titanic while in the shower. Or you could be a hardcore Celine Dion fan who doesn't want their friends to know that they secretly headbang to  Slayer's Raining Blood. Or you could be an elitist music snob who only listens to obscure indie bands that no one had ever heard of, but there is that one top 40 pop song...

2. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

Hate to say this, but I love Party in the U.S.A. You have to admit, it is a fun song.

spartucusjonesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is not the type of thing I generally listen to, but I must admit that it is catchy.

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I am loathe to admit it (Heavy Metal fan here) but yes, I like the Milkshake song by Kelis. It's pompous as hell, but funny in that, too.

Thank a lot, I now have that song stuck in my head! It is definitely one that makes you feel guilty about enjoying, because it is terrible, but catchy all at the same time.

4. profile image0
    Natasha Petersposted 4 years ago

Usually I opt for the rock/indie route (I'm surrounded by a family of like-minded music snobs), but when Call Me Maybe came out, I crumbled. I've sung, danced (as in "Just Dance"), and learnt every lyric to the song. After months (or has it been over a year? - I've lost count of how long this battle has gone on) of half-hearted resistance, I've surrendered my pride and embarrassment to it.

1. Bk42author profile image80
      Bk42authorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have to admit I soft spot for Call Me Maybe, too! (I'm also a fan rock/indie) When it came out I thought it kind of goofy & cute but then my 3 year old niece took a liking to that song & would try to sing & dance to it so now I like it.

2. spartucusjones profile image93

As a borderline music snob it is not something I generally listen to either, but the song is kind of catchy. Did you hear the Obama dub version of it? It is pretty funny.

5. Lee Lee 513 profile image60
    Lee Lee 513posted 4 years ago

I love the song from a while back, I think it was called "it wasn't me" by maybe Shaggy. I didn't pick up on the words at first the beat got me. Then I was going with my three small children to get the Christmas tree and it came on. When the words suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. It's like oh no, I didn't know how to explain what it was saying and quickly changed the station but I still like the song.

I quite often have that happen with lyrics. I don't always realize what the lyrics are until I start singing them out loud and I am like wow! Are those really the lyrics?

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

S & M by Rhianna,

What Does the Fox Say?

Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

Shhhh, don't tell anyone:)

Your secret is safe with me!

7. ilikegames profile image79
    ilikegamesposted 4 years ago

Easily Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, an absolute classic for me!

I love that song as well. But any reason why you would feel guilty for liking it?

2. ilikegames profile image79
      ilikegamesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I guess simply because it doesn't fit with my demographic, nobody my age likes the song or probably even knows about it. So I consider it a guilty pleasure of mine smile

8. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

Just to let everyone know, I finally got around to posting my hub about my 10 favorite guilty pleasure songs:
    http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … sure-Songs

working