jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren?

1. Movie Arbiter profile image76
    Movie Arbiterposted 2 years ago

Is Luke Skywalker Kylo Ren?

Fan speculation and theory is at an all time high. Has our beloved Jedi Knight fallen to the dark side during the substantial 30 year gap, following Return of the Jedi? I delve into this topic more in my new hub.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12736304_f260.jpg

2. Titen-Sxull profile image86
    Titen-Sxullposted 2 years ago

I don't think so. No offense to Mark Hamill but I doubt he got into such great shape that he could be Kylo Ren, Ren looks pretty skinny. My theory is that Ren is Leia and Han's son and that he decided to pull the ultimate rebellious teenager move after his parents split up (my guess is Han and Leia are separated). He becomes obsessed with the Dark Side, legends of the Sith, and finishing what Darth Vader began (wiping out the Jedi).

There is ton's of speculation as to whether Luke is going to be a bad guy or not. If I had to guess judging by what we've seen in the trailers Luke is either in hiding (since the Knights of Ren are likely hunting him) or has gone deep cover to disrupt the doings of the First Order.

Really hoping the movie doesn't suck.

Movie Arbiterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

As Do I. Star Wars is one of my favorite franchises (original trilogy) and needs a proper reawakening of its own!

3. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I heard in this episode he become a mentor.  PS: I think this episiode should be episode 10.  This way they can do 10,  11, 12 first, then go back to do what happen in between this 30 years with 7, 8, 9.  Just like how they did 4,5,6, first and then go back to do 1,2,3, smile

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I can't tell if J. J. Abrams is keeping Luke off the radar because of a reveal like this, or if he's doing it just to mess with us and get us to buy more tickets. There was a supposed leak of Luke in costume (which looked like good guy jedi robes) but there is no telling if it's legitimate. Or if it takes place earlier/later in the story.

I definitely don't think he is Kylo Ren. They really seem like they're trying to push the new generation as the core cast, so using Mark Hamill as anything other than a side character/mentor would be surprising. Plus, I feel like making him evil would be a disservice to the character. He managed to overcome the influence of the dark side and redeem his father. To have him swayed AFTER balance was brought to the force, doesn't make any sense. I agree with Titan-Sxull's theory that Kylo and Rey are the offspring of Han and Leia, and will take up opposite sides of Anakin/Luke's legacy.

Also, another bit of evidence is that Kylo Ren doesn't seem to know how to make a lightsaber properly (hence the ragged blade) but Luke already knows how to make a functioning lightsaber.

Movie Arbiterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree Dreamer. I wrote a hub on this, but am still not sure. Your lightsaber argument and Jedi attire point are both in there. I think it would be a bit of a disappointment after Luke rejects it in ROTJ from the Emperor himself none the less.

working