jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Can You Really Trust Donald Trump If He Happens to Become US President?

1. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 2 years ago

Can You Really Trust Donald Trump If He Happens to Become US President?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Of course not.
    ...can you really trust ANYBODY who happens to become US President??

3. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

The answer is "no." That said, you can't "trust" any US president. To get to that position it takes a con artist, thief, complete lack of morality, and who knows, maybe something a lot darker than any of that.

4. Keino C profile image76
    Keino Cposted 2 years ago

I don't think I can trust Donald trump under any circumstances. He is a man-child. But I sort of have a weird curiosity to see how he will perform in the roll.

Good question, thanks for posting it.

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Hmmm....sounds like a simple enough question.  Just a few of my own questions and an answer will be moot.
    Can we really "trust" our current POTUS?  Or the one before him? GW Bush?   Oh wait, I know....Could we trust Slick Willie Clinton?
    Donald Trump? Trust him? Who the hell knows?  Donald pulls numbers & facts from thin air.  He makes statements that are true to him and obviously there are an awful lot of people who BELIEVE him.  People like his boldness, his ego, his guts to say what he wants, how he wants to whom he wants.  As for trust? Can a politician be trusted?  When, how, by whom? and WHY??  Because they've ALL proven they are trustworthy??   Huh?
    Oh..let's not forget Hillary, Liar EXTRAORDINAIRE, the Queen of deceit.  Yeah, if people trust her....SURELY they can trust Donald.  If Barack can trust IRAN....we should be able to trust anyone. 
    Ian...Trust and Politician should NOT, Cannot and may NOT be used in the same sentence.  Period.  And THAT you can trust to be true!

6. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 2 years ago

What an interesting question. Can one trust another who they do not personally know. I don't think so. I don't think you can even trust a God with whom you do not have a personal relationship. On the other hand we can trust that someone will act a certain way in relation to how they have acted. So yes I trust that Trump would be the same if elected as he is now.

7. FencesbyJohn profile image46
    FencesbyJohnposted 2 years ago

All I have to say is - and I quote " If you like your Doctor, you can keep him" Barrack Obama.

Here is link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPNs7Y2HPwY.

I trust him more than Obama. Obama has always, every single time, sided against the American people.

8. ValKaras profile image88
    ValKarasposted 2 years ago

I am taking a risk of giving the whole thing a weird approach, but why do we really need to TRUST our leaders? They are just government officials doing their job; and they are, they have been, and always will be only exponents of the financial influential elite of the society -  so their job never had anything to do with us anyway. Except for three touching points when they need us : at election time, at tax collecting time, and at time to send us to give our lives for their ideas.

Leaders are a bad necessity, not idols in front of whom we should fall on our religious knees. It's an arrangement totally different from your marriage where you can talk about TRUST. Except for those crumbs of information heavily filtered by news media, we don't have a clue what's the real game being played.

So, how can we TRUST a player whose game we don't know? We don't have to DISRUST him either, His business is none of our business, since we don't really know the first thing how to run a country in its all gigantic complexity and dynamics that changes the face of the political stadium from day to day.

Donald Trump is a gutsy businessman, who may do well, if for no other reason but to be admired. Is that a shortcoming? Should he be ashamed for admitting his ambition and his confidence, and his belief that he can make a difference for his country? You show me a politician who SECRETLY doesn't feel about himself/herself the same what Trump is hanging high on the church's bell for everyone to hear.
    I said it elsewhere and I will say it again: I am not his fan. But that doesn't mean that I would be disappointed to see him in the White House. For one thing, I am a Canadian, and neither way makes a difference to me. And then, I do admire his gutsiness, his resolve, even his ego. In a race where politicians will put their opponents down with white diplomatic gloves, he is replacing those gloves with the boxing ones  -  and that's the only difference.

You know what -  maybe all of us could learn something from that man: to start loving ourselves more, so maybe we would not expect from a parental figure (leader) to be nice enough to us.