This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

I'm searching for the name of an old film (probably pre1970s)

1. profile image61
    LivyJamesposted 8 months ago

I'm searching for the name of an old film (probably pre1970s)

A rich English man (aristocrat probably) fancies the daughter of a rich American home owner. He becomes their butler to get close to her and during a dinner, one of the aristocratic guests recognises him as an old acquaintance. When he says hello, the butler denies knowing him. The daughter realises they do know each other because she sees the look the butler gives the guest. She follows the butler when he goes out on his day off and finds him with some very rich people. They fall in love and get married.

2. Necento anto profile image88
    Necento antoposted 8 months ago

Hi Livy,
    I think the movie you are describing is " My Man Godfrey". This movie has similar plot like the one you are looking for. It was first released in 1937 and then later remade in 1957. I have seen the Bollywood remake of this movie, it was called " Bawarchi".

working