"Bullshit"

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

I love "Penn and Tellers" show "Bullshit! Who's with me?

1. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea who or what show this is.  I haven't watch television for several years.  I'll stick with my old Bugs Bunny cartoons. smile

1. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Golden:
        Expand your horizons. Try it you'll like it..:-)

2. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

OK fellow Hubber!  What is it and where can it be viewed?  Please don't tell me it's some anti-religion infomercial.  Is it comedy?  Action?  Adventure?  I'm curious. smile

1. qwark profile image61

Golden:
      Tv ma man! Usually on HBO.
      Keep thy eyes open and thy fingers nimble.
      It is comedy covering real life situations...ahh but I must inform thee, that the language would be, to your fragile taste, "rough" and there is brief nudity....but it's wonderfully presented..........to my way of thinking of course. :-)

1. goldenpath profile image67

Well, my friend, in my younger days before my own personal code of conduct I would have jumped and indulged in the opportunity.  I am glad you warned me.  To help keep as unspotted as possible I must refrain from these avenues.  I humbly thank you for the invitation but must decline.  I would have a lot to answer for if I did. sad

1. qwark profile image61

Golden:
          It's only in your mind.
          When you are "gone" you will return to the "stardust" you were created from, with nothing but silence and nothingness before thee.
          Life must be enjoyed to the max! it only happens once.
          To think you can be rewarded with immortality is naught but absurdity.
          Enjoy my friend...ENJOY! :-)

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no offense (or defense), Quark, but then what is the whole point of learning all this stuff? why not everyone just sit holding hands singing kum-by-ya (i don't know how to spell it). jeje.

na`mean?

2. goldenpath profile image67

It's late and we cannot get started down this road again.  Given your history you should know that I emphatically believe that all knowledge we take in, good and bad, we take with us upon death.  It's like the many words I posed a few days ago that many rejected.  It's all about choice and agency.  I am sure it is a very funny show but if it's got nudity, no matter how few or lot, and vulgar language and/or connotations I need not bring those appetites and knowledge with me to the other side.

1. qwark profile image61

Golden:
              NP...lol, your loss. :-)

3. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Man.
    When I could afford Showtime, I watched it fanatically.
    My favorite Bullshit moment was when they swabbed the guys face, and then his...  danglers, to see which had the most germs.

That is just about the time I started hearing people say this:
    "Wash those filthy hands before you touch that penis!"

Penn did a radio show a couple years ago, I would check it out through iTunes.
    Big fan.

1. qwark profile image61

Wyan:
      You have wonderful taste in entertainment...:-)
      I think I'm falling in love....lolol..

1. wyanjen profile image69
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
        It's not that weird for people who have the same kind of taste to find a lot of stuff in common.

Well, actually, some of our stuff in common is kinda pushing the limit of "normal"...
        lol

4. wyanjen profile image69

Here is a classic clip:
    (No profanity or obscenity, goldenpath big_smile)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJP_l1OK8NM

1. qwark profile image61

Wyan:
      You know golden won't watch it.
      I wish I could, but, damnit, I'm in the boonies of Texas and using dialup.
      A 3 minute flick takes about an hour to download...arghhhh..:-)

I have an old mp3 of one of Penn's radio broadcasts. It's hilarious - about an hour long - and about 10mb. I saw that an abandoned all hope of sending it to you lol

5. h.a.borcich profile image58
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

LOL - I thought it was a card game smile

1. qwark profile image61

Borcich:
      lol nope.
      If you have hi speed service, watch the flick Wyan offered...tell us what ya think..ok?

6. h.a.borcich profile image58

I rarely watch TV...only been to a movie theatre a few times...
    Rocky, Jaws 3, Forest Gump and Barnyard smile But I do play cards...we just call it "bologna" !! LOL - glad you like it tho !
    Good to see you Jen smile

How have you been? Feeling well, I hope smile

1. qwark profile image61

Wyan:
        I saw that one;
        I seldom miss an episode..:-)

7. wyanjen profile image69

This clip is about 1.5 min - it is Penn juggling in front of the giant red ampersand (season 2 I think?)
    He is debunking ESP and explaining James Randi's $1,000,000 prize for proof of the supernatural.

Nothing controversial! In this clip anyway...

8. qwark profile image61
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

21:
    If you were "literate" and credible...lol you might be worth "reading."
    AS I told you before, you are neither so I can't be bothered.
    This will be my last comment to you. I hope you take the hint and make it your last comment to me...TY.  :-)
    Whew!   LMAO!

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

now ya see, there ya go again with the amplitude, dude. lol
      besides my commenting can only he`p ya Quarky. And lord knows you need all the he`p you can get.
      ps, is that a star in your tummy or are you just happy to see me.

9. h.a.borcich profile image58

Jen - this weekend we are moving to the small house - been crazy. Best news tho - my nephews brain tumor was 90% removed yesterday!! He is doing good considering and he is only 5. I am holding my own, ty. smile Holly

And now back to the scheduled programming LOL...

Wow! Best of health to him - what a sweetie.

In my thoughts smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)