jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Where and when should Blackadder go forth now?

1. Cly Walsh profile image57
    Cly Walshposted 7 years ago

Well I doubt we'll see any more Blackadder series made, perhaps a special or two. I did hear rumour a few years back of one being set in the 60's though it never eventuated. Bugger.

My question to hubbers who enjoy this clever little bit of storytelling:

If you could pick any stage of history to set Blackadder in for one series, which would it be?

I've often thought Egyptian times around the time when Abrahamic religion started poking their collective noses in would be rather interesting - plenty of sexy Blackadder sarcasm to be had in that setting.

Somewhere around the 50,000 years ago mark has it's merits as well. As for where I'm not sure.

1. Greek One profile image75
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

i think he would be great in ancient Rome

1. Cly Walsh profile image57
        Cly Walshposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, I can imagine him having a regular go at pre-socratic philosophers. Or perhaps pretending to be one to raise his station. LOL the possibilities!

2. Diskobolos profile image56
      Diskobolosposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Blackadder is always set in England and it always has some kind of distinctly British element/flavor, so setting it in Egypt or 50,000 years ago would go against the part of the shows authenticity.

Btw it's funny how for many people, especially in America, Hugh Laurie was unknown before Dr.House.

2. profile image60
    (Q)posted 7 years ago

The Blackadder Christmas special was great. Maybe, a futuristic version might be good, Darth Vader meets Baldric.

3. Greek One profile image75
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

how about he goes into the future.. say 500 years from now

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I'd love to see one set in the 60s.

5. profile image0
    china manposted 7 years ago

Set in Iraq - now.  He would look like an amateur among all the professional back-stabbers and quick buck merchants.

working