Can anyone recommend new (or even older) films that just stay with you? I'm talking about movies that make you feel good while you're watching them and then make you feel that way long after the credits have rolled. They're the type of movies that you'll tell others, "You have to see this one." For me, "Strictly Ballroom," "Lars and the Real Girl," and "The Visitor," all films I've seen in last few months (yes, I'm behind on movie viewing!) were like that, but it's hard to find such gems. It seems the DVDs we rent/download are all mostly disappointing. There must be intelligent, feel-good, quality films being made!
What a great question. I love to pass on good books, that I feel are insperational. So why not do the same in film.
Mine may be ones you have seen, but just in case, I would love you to see...
Whatever happened to baby jane
Scent of a woman
Saturday night Sunday morning
"Out of Africa" is an excellant movie. of course, if you're drawn to that sort of entertainment.
Here are some of my chick-flick favorites:
1. If only (Jennifer Love Hewitt & Paul Nicholls);
2. Tuck Everlasting ( Jonathan Jackson & Alexis Bledel);
3. The Proposal (Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds);
3. The Ugly Truth (Katherine Heigel & Gerard Butler);
4. Only you (Robert Downey Jr. & Marisa Tomie);
5. Pretty Woman (Julia Roberts & Richard Gere);
6. Notting Hill (Julia Roberts & Hugh Grant);
7. Cutting Edge 2(Christy Carlson Romano & Ross Thomas;
8. Ice Castle (Taylor Firth & Rob Mayes);
9. Music and Lyrics (Drew Barrymore & Hugh Grant);
10. She's all that (Rachel Leigh Cook & Freddie Prinze Jr.)
Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Hachiko A Dog's Tale (everytime I watch this I cry)...I have others but it's late here and my brain is shutting down...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.