jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Kevin Costner has just been cast to play Superman's Earth father!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image92
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

In recent news, it turns out Kevin Costner finally agreed to play Jonathan Kent in the upcoming superman reboot.  for those that don't know who that is, he's superman's earth father that raised him here.  I can't wait for this film now, as I think he's perfect for supe's earth father.  now, all we need is for the rumor to prove true about daniel day lewis as lex luthor, and we'll be all set. big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

So, he finally decided to play the role. I guess they agreed to give him the money he wanted to play such a small role which only ends up as Clark's father dies. lol

Good to know. tongue

Stevennix2001posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Actually that only happened in the Christopher Reeves films.  If they stick to the comic book version, Jonathan Kent will still be alive throughout the film. 

edit:  then again, this is a complete reboot of the character from my understanding, so it's really anyone's guess what really happens to his character.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh okay. smile

3. Flightkeeper profile image75
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Kevin Costner? (shrug) I can't see him as Jonathan Kent.  Perhaps he'll surprise me.

Well you never know.  I think Costner is a good actor, so I'm sure he'll be able to pull it off.  I'm just curious to see who the villains are in the reboot, as they have yet to confirm anything.

1. Flightkeeper profile image75
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh I hope they pick good people for villains.  The villains are always more interesting.

Yeah, that's true.  a hero is only as great as the villain he/she fights.

working