How to dress like a real nerd
If you are puzzled by the dress sense of nerds and wondering why they dress the way they do and how they come about their dressing, well that is exactly what I want to explain to you. Well trust me on this I was once a nerd and I know exactly what it feels like to be one. Also if you wish to appear to be one, then read on I will share some tips with you on how to dress like a nerd.
Okay onwards onward, a nerd is your typical book warm, socially awkward not very easy to understand kind of guy or girl. The average nerd is so consumed by the need to tackle intellectual and academic challenges that they often times neglect their social life causing them to appear out of place with reality. A typical nerd can solve the most complex or seemingly advanced geometric, algebraic or school related scientific puzzle but could be at a loss on how to chat a girl up. He might know the name of the authors of most physics textbooks in use for school work but might not know that the school’s prom night is just a week away.
You can easily identify a nerd by his lifestyle and of course school grades. While most people consider social relevance a must and would act in different ways to justify this quest including dressing in a way that earns them admiration or respect, a nerd is preoccupied with overcoming his worst fears being ignorant and lost in struggling with being the very best among the best of brains hence he would rather impress others with his academic and intellectual achievements than being a music star, a top rate two timing player or a money bag, therefore your nerd cannot be moved by clothes, perfumes, party lines and shoes or social recognition. In fact it would be a miracle if he/she knows about designer clothes or popular places for social outings.
1. How nerds pick their wardrobes
If you want to dress like a nerd you need to understand how they see clothing and what role clothing should perform. Think of it this way, a shirt covers your upper body, pants cover the legs and shoes protect your feet. Also clothing provides warmth and protection from adverse weather. Any clean top will do although it might be torn it doesn’t matter my clothes don’t make me I chose them. If I perspire and smell bad that isn’t my fault after all I am only human and my body’s organic waste have to be expelled anyway, however I know that unhygienic clothing is harmful one way or the other so I don’t mind using a roll-on deodorant and wearing clean clothes. My pants can be simple cotton or jean or silk material of any color matching my top may be once in a while. By the way if people laugh at my dress sense it doesn’t matter after all there is no law that says my dressing must be acceptable to everyone. My shoes can be any footwear including sandals which I might put on with a suit if necessary. I don’t polish my shoes because I forgot to buy a shoe polish and this too is because it completely skipped my mind when I was shopping for my shoes. I only thought my feet needed covering.
As a nerd you only buy new clothes after most people have bought and worn several others time and time again, in other words you are always late to get a change of clothes for your wardrobe. You typically have fewer clothes than most people and you will hardly remember where and for how much you bought your last bag, wrist watch, sandal, socks or pants.
2. How nerds make up
Expensive or glamorous hairdo for most nerds is vanity. A simple hair cut or brushing one’s hair ought to do, whereas most people wouldn’t mind giving an extra fashionable touch to their hair. Who wouldn’t want to crave the attention David Beckham’s hair gives him certainly it will be a socially uninterested fellow or one with a very dry humor. Nerds don’t like to pierce their skins or paste designs of any kind on their bodies. So a typical nerd has no tattoos, earrings or rings of any kind.
Tips for dressing like a nerd if you are not one
1. If you have a tattoo, then put on clothes that cover the length of your arm and legs hence wear long sleeve shirts and trousers.
2. Make your hairdo simple, leave it natural there is no need to dye or paint it.
3. If you are female but want to appear nerdy, then put on plain trousers and blouses. You could also put on skirts to match your plain shirt or blouse. Don’t ever dress to kill, getting passes from male admirers doesn’t enable you meet your primary objective which is being the best in your chosen field. Lipsticks are for beauty queens and ostentatious girls wanting attention. Instead try to impress people with your non existent academic works and accolades because you will naturally impress other nerds too.
4. Always carry a bag pack with you whenever you go out for your books and maybe your laptop for periods of boredom will naturally come. You want to make people believe that you wish to engage your mind during such times by reading, researching or analyzing questions of various kinds.
5. Also remember not to have fashion trendy or conscious friends because they could really give your dressing a socially befitting facelift.
That’s all you need to know on how to dress like a nerd.