- Entertainment and Media
A Wind At My Back Christmas Movie Review
A Wind At My Back Christmas Movie Takes Off Where The Series Stopped
Another lovely family movie by Kevin Sullivan and Trudy Grant, A Wind At My Back Christmas follows the Wind At My Back series which ended very unexpectedly. I have not seen the series though so I have no difficulty recommending this movie to anyone who has not seen the series either. It is a heartwarming story, suitable for everyone in your family, with a few or possibly more than a few, tear-producing moments.
A Wind At My Back Christmas takes place in New Bedford, a fictional mining town in Ontario, during the depression in 1938 and follows the Bailey family as the Second World War is about to begin. It gives us a peek into the time and into the ways of thinking of that time period when war was about to erupt. It deals with one extended family's situation and relationships and their dealings with a young immigrant girl. In the end, it demonstrates an important truth -- that nothing is more important than family.
This page will give you a short review of the movie, an introduction to the characters, some links to further reading and a link through which to buy the movie, if you decide you would like to see it. Since there is not very much information available about this movie, I would be thrilled if fans, took the time to share their opinions, insights and information about this movie in the comment box at the end of this page. In doing so, you will help share the information with others who are interested in this movie and in the series. You do not need to be a member of Squidoo in order to leave a comment.
Fans of the Anne of Green Gables books and movies and the other works of Lucy Maud Montgomery will love this movie, which is similar in style. It is a lovely family Christmas movie that is entirely appropriate for all ages.
"A Wind At My Back is "like a Canadian version of The Waltons."
-- Neil Peart, Rush
A Bit More About A Wind At My Back, The Television Series
A Kevin Sullivan and Trudy Grant Production
Wind At My Back is a series which aired on Canadian television from 1996 to 2001 and is a Kevin Sullivan production. Kevin Sullivan also produced the very popular Anne of Green Gables movies and the Road to Avonlea series and this series is yet more great family viewing. Wind At My Back, the series, included five seasons of 13 episodes each. Fans were disappointed at the sudden end of the series and the Christmas movie, which this page is about, was made in order to end some of the story lines when the series was suddenly cancelled.
Have You Seen A Wind At My Back Christmas?
A Wind At My Back Trailer
A Wind At My Back Christmas Cast of Characters - Dylan Provencher, Tyrone Savage, Laura Bruneau, James Carroll, Robin Craig, Meredith Henderson and Dalene Irvin
- Hubert "Hub" Bailey (Dylan Provencher) - He is the oldest son of Honey. In this movie, he is attending Seminary but falls in love and this relationship influences decisions he makes throughout the movie.
- Henry "Fat" Bailey (Tyrone Savage) - He is the second son of Honey who, in this movie, is interested in the police and the RCMP.
- Honey Sutton (Laura Bruneau) - She is the mother of Hub and Fat and the wife of Max Sutton. Theirs is a second marriage and there are two additional children who appear briefly in this movie.
- Max Sutton (James Carroll) - He is the school principal in New Bedford who is married to Honey. In this movie, he and Honey try to find a way for him to pursue his love of writing.
- Toppy Bailey (Robin Craig) - She struggles to pull off the Christmas pageant despite a poorly written script. She is running the Bailey House in Mrs. Bailey's place as Mrs. Bailey and Grace both do not appear in this movie.
- Anna Schiller (Meredith Henderson) - She plays the young girl that Hub brings home from Seminary.
- Maisey McGinty (Dalene Irvine) - She is a lifelong friend of Hub and Fat. In this movie she is grown up into a young lady who has feelings of a different sort for Hub.
Buy Wind At My Back From Amazon
A Bit More Reading About A Wind At My Back Christmas
- Wind at My Back Official Website
Sullivan Entertainment brings family entertainment into your home with Wind At My Back. Fans of Anne of Green Gables and Road to Avonlea have flocked to this instant Sullivan classic, available now on DVD at the Sullivan Boutique
- A Wind at My Back Christmas (TV Movie 2001) - IMDb
Directed by Stefan Scaini. With Dylan Provencher, Tyrone Savage, James Carroll. It is Christmas Time in New Bedford and trouble is affecting the Bailey family.
- Wind at My Back - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wind at My Back is a television series which aired in Canada on CBC Television between 1996 and 2001. It was created and produced by Kevin Sullivan, best known for his adaptation of Anne of Green Gables and Road to Avonlea....
- Geocities has shut down
A fantastic page of screen caps from A Wind at My Back Christmas. These are for personal use only.
- Kevin Sullivan interview
Kevin Sullivan, writer, producer, director, interview.
A Wind At My Back (the series) was initially filmed in Bowmanville, Ontario approximately one hour away from Toronto. The studio reconstructed the town at the Sullivan Studios in Toronto and further filming was done there.