Zak Bagans Ghost Adventurer
News & Notes
Have a Ghoulish guest? Get locked down with Zak!
Zachary Alexander Bagans host of Ghost Adventures, was born April 5th 1977, in Washington D.C. His family moved to Clear water, Florida where he was a "Typical Beach kid crabbing, fishing,boating and surfing.", he moved to Chicago to live with his biological father for a time and then to Michigan and now Las Vegas.
Zak graduated high school in 1995. Was a mobile D.j. MC'ing weddings etc . Went to the Motion picture Institute for Documentary Film making. He graduated with honors in an elite class, and going overboard with his final called 'The Red Butterfly'
Zak and his sister were on a family week of Wheel of Fortune back in 1997.
He was previously a skeptic of the paranormal until 2002 . While living in Trenton, Michigan, Zak saw the ghost of a suicidal woman. He is now the lead investigator, Executive Producer and editor of the Travel Channel series Ghost Adventures on Saturday nights
Zak has suffered from anxiety and panic attacks all his life.
Some of his hobbies are weightlifting, and MMA or Mixed Martial Arts for those who don't know. He likes going for nature walks and playing wit his Dog Gracie as well as helping out at ASPCA (?) of Nevada.
and (like me) has been obsessed with Dracula since he was a kid as well as collecting Football and baseball cards and reading comics (Ironically he said Ghost Rider was his favorite) !
Zak @ the NSPCA
A Haunting we will go
Zak has since been actively investigating and capturing evidence of the spirit world. In his investigations, Zak has been badly scratched by a demon at Bobby Mackey's music World, Possessed (well half?) at the Princeton School of Industry, and on Poveglia Island getting overcome by a dark spirit which is the reason he got the tattoo on his back. It signifies the fight between good & evil.
Zak was the host and executive producer of Paranormal Challenge. Think of it as 'Fans Ghost Adventures'. 2 teams of amateur paranormal investigators would get locked down in a location overnight, and if they don't get scared out they present their findings to Zak and 3 other paranormal experts.
Now he is a producer of Paranormal Paparazzi, which is like a paranormal tabloid like TMZ and his own clothing line called 'Dungeon Wear' clothing, and has apparel for both men & women.
Ghost Adventures celebrated their 100th Episode on October 4th 2013
Ghost Adventures - The 4 reasons they won my 'heart' (& time)
I've tried watching the rest of the paranormal investigation shows, then I found Ghost Adventures and therefore found the best. Why do I consider them the best?
1. They don't use just one or 2 devices they use a variety to get the most proof possible. It's one thing if you just use EVPs & cameras & hearing 'something' or seeing something but using night vision, ultraviolet cameras and thermal vision well watch it for yourselves
2. It's only the 3 guys and no other camera crew. So you know it wasn't one of them.
3. All I saw in the other shows was them finding orbs, which well could have been a speck of dust.
On Ghost Adventures they try to debunk voices, lighting/shadows and so on as well as shown the difference between what a dust particle or bug looks like on camera (especially during night-vision) and something that's more likely to be an actual orb. Besides orbs, In this show you see Shadows from nowhere, floating mists with faces and other ways that may make you a believer that there's a realm beyond ours.
4. The guys crack me up! Although Zak is quite serious doing the investigations, they can be pretty lighthearted, with a joke about something or just sending Aaron to the worse room on a lock-down. Then there's Zak provoking the spirits (well he used to) in which the spirits always seems to take it out on Nick or Aaron I Hate... Kill... and unofficially... all those cool gadgets they get to use!
So Get gHOSTly and have a viewing party or your own investigation with all this Ghost Adventures goodies
sadly for some reason Nick is no longer part of the GAC, though I have seen he has his own show now but I only caught it once. I never heard anything about Nick leaving, let alone why
Reviewing the Ghost World
I was looking for a book (now this was in 2012 or 2013) for my Halloween reading, and I saw this on one of the show tables.
I didn't even know Zak had a book out at the time so it was an impulse buy
Barnes & Nobel is selling out, of the book, Amazon shops as well (took 2 tries on Amazon before I found one in stock!) as of Sept 23 was #18 on the NY Times Best Seller List.
Zak Bagans' (lead investigator on the Friday night Travel Channel series) book Dark world.
I didn't even hear he was coming out with one, i saw 1 copy in Barnes & Noble but didn't have enough money on me. I found a review (URL included in the THEMED list) & I usually do not read reviews until I'm done reading a book (or watching movie) so as to not affect my opinion.
I like what I hear about the book in this review as they mention that it is written as if he is sitting across from you telling all.
(Which is how The Paths We choose from Sully Erna is written & I Rave about that)
On first look through before reading there's some pictures of him in some of the Locations Ghost Adventures has been on. There's also some Facts/Trivia also a 'Facts on Zak' & 'So you want to Date me" page (seeing the later just made me laugh in amusement.) which basically, unless you can deal with him bringing the work home. (Spirits including demonic types) Which he says whatever it is, it’s always the girlfriends, he thinks maybe it's the Succubus from one of the adventures. There are also tips for other investigators. And pop cult references in it as well.
To start the book, in the forward Zak points out why he wrote the book. One of the reasons is so you can know about what went on that didn't make it to TV, as well that he doesn't do this just to find ghosts but to help those who Skeptic or not have come into contact with Ghosts. That there are skeptics that though' they've had an experience some believe now, however others still won't due to religious beliefs.
Some parts may even give you a bit of a fright esp. if you saw the episode. When I first started to watch the show, I'd get goose bumps which the other shows didn't do, I'd also get the chills & just lay under the covers while watching. This book adds to that esp. if you are watching one of the episodes that gets mentioned as your are reading the book. There's parts in the book that are mentioned from the show & gives you a little more insight as to what went on but also gives a bit more of the willies as well.
My only complaint is that the 2nd to the last part where he gets into the technical speak about Physics etc. I think he should have dispersed that throughout the book. Reading it in one lump sum can give you A.D.D. That is the only part I have any problems with. Don't get me wrong, the information is helpful and thought provoking but reading that one chapter felt like being back in school watching the clock as the teacher drones on.
Zak also includes some colleagues opinions at the end as to the future of what they hope will happen in the field what we'll see or wish to.
I'd say fan of the show, skeptic or not...from what I've read ....fun & interesting read
no convinced? see the media section of Zak's official site
in an issue of Rebel Ink
Zak has written another book!
find my preview here http:
We get an introduction to the GAC (Ghost Adventures Crew) I just hope there’s an explanation as to why Nick Groff has been missing in the current season)
A chapter on the Demon house mentions at the end that there will be a movie set to come out in 2015 (I’m guessing it’s a travel channel documentary)
One of the pictures in the book made me laugh but it’s not because of the pose or the item that made me laugh.. He has a bracelet with a cross wrapped around his fingers… and as I said it’s not the pose etc. but the fact I’ve seen those same bracelets in the dollar store!
Most of the pages seem to be only a few pages (maybe 15 or less minutes of reading time) so far the only one I’ve seen that seems to be a ‘full chapter’ of pages is the one on the demon house.
So Zak being a Vampire FANatic like myself (& a card carrying err Fang barring member) he has been inducted to the Sabertooth Clan and you can see a couple of pictures of Zak with his fangs on.
One of the questions the book asks is if more than one spirit can inhabit a body, Zak covers the health risks of the job and for a guy who hates clowns & Dolls and with some just the looks of some I can understand and if you saw the episode harold the Doll is no joke! Zak also covers the weather’s ‘Paranormal’ connection and his own to Kurt Corbain & Lane Stanley 2 members from the grunge rock era that were taken by their own demons. Speaking of which demons, Zak finally covers Ouija boards which people always recklessly use thinking it’s a ‘game’ Try looking up the rules and be sure to follow them.
Other topics is Location disappointments, debunking, Guest Investigators (which I love when someone comes in I recognize.. Vince Neil & What was that characters name from the Roadhouse on Supernatural?) and GHosts of Girlfriends past or well more so the fact that they get chased away by them and how some of his fans scare him.
Zak's Muscle and Fitness feature
Zak Kiddie pic
Two Faced 'demon' tattoo
Zak The impaler by @Hanna Preston
Zak right wrist tattoo
Zak Brings us Ghostly Music
- Zak brings us Ghostly Music with Necrofusion
Interview by Sally Steele & posted on his official site
TMZ on Zaks album
These are facts I've read about him and heard straight from his mouth during the show, interviews & fingers (on twitter)
Not enough of facts here for you? Check out his book Dark World (you can easily order it above
Its scary the amount of stuff we share in common.. its like he's the male version of me.
(I thought I was the only one who had an aversion to the the shower curtain... he hates it for the same reason I do.)
*Zak has been inducted into the Sabretooth Vampire Clan of Paris
*If he could live in another time, it would be the 1880s
* Zak has 7 tattoos
(those that I know about)
*1 on his back of a 2 faced 'demon' signifying the fight between good & Evil
*2 on his 'shoulders' one on each (on his left is Celtic cross)
*1 on the inside of his right wrist (I've heard its Dracula's Cross)
*1 on his right index finger of a Cross
* Newest Tattoo (dec '11) "Denn die todten reiten schnell" German "For the Dead travel Fast" inside left forearm
the one on his right shoulder, have not gotten a good look at; and as for the others I haven't even heard where they are (tho I think I've seen one peeking above his pant on his side)
- Lives in Las Vegas
- Grew up in Florida
- Has his own dungeon (I've seriously got the green eyes of Jealousy for that)
- Keep him away from Shrimp He says he's allergic (& I've heard red food dye as well)
- Has a fear of Snakes, Heights, & creepy dolls,
- He used to be a wedding D.J. (& I've read that's how he met Nick, D.J.ing for his wedding)
- His fave ice cream is Cookies & Cream (we'd get along well lol)
- He's an Aries
- He can bench press 300lbs
- His belief in the paranormal started when he lived in Michigan and saw the ghost of a woman who committed suicide. Since then he's on a mission for life to document paranormal events
- Some of his favorite music is
Assemblage 23, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, Tiesto, NIN, Staic-X, Korn, SlipKnot, Tool, Lisa Gerrard, Dead Can Dance, james Horner (Apocolyptico SOundtrack), Wojciech Kilar (Bram Stoker's Dracula Soundtrack), Enigma, Radiohead, & Nox Arcana
- He likes to eat wild Onions
- if you couldn't tell by what he wears he likes Black & Red
- Likes science fiction
- Hates animal cruelty & got his dog Gracie from the Navada ASPCA
- thinks baseball is boring (noted in his book...& i agree)
- roots for the Detroit Tigers (wait isn't that baseball? WTF?)
- You may have heard You are what you eat but Zak is what he hates!
Zak was born the Chinese year of the Snake (fire element)
- Says the 1932 movies 'Freaks' is the scariest he's ever seen
- He's lived at 8mile in middlebelt in Levonia,Trenton, & Grosse lle
- Likes playing games like Checkers, Yatzee & Scrabble
- Claims Scotland is his fave Country
- Zak has tweeted a few times that he loves cheese (gee I do love rodents!)
- Like me, hates Wikipedia as a lot of times you find false info. (mentioned on twitter after someone mentioned of hearing of an upcoming Australia episode on the site)
- ever notice that Zak has a striking resemblance to a couple painting in haunted locations .. in Stanley Hotel & Magnolia plantation (on the plantation I agree, will have to check out the other one when I can)
- Zak has said the creepiest thing is when a spirit called him by his first and last name
- Zak is part German & Scottish as he tweeted and through his monm's research into family he's also 'half' Slavic. Russian, Czech & Hungarian decent, besides the italian & german they already knew. (Wait his last name is scottish.. but he certainly does not look it nor italian guessing that slavic half is the looks!
- Zak prefers soft 'tacos' to the crunchy kind
- Zak has mentioned that 3 of his favorite albums while he was in High School was
Pearl Jam "Ten", Nine Inch Nails "Pretty Hate Machine, & The Lords of Acid "Lust"
- Zak graduated from Glenbard West H.S. in Chicago, the school seen in the movie Lucas
- he says 11 is his favorite number.
- He liked going with his mom to the grocery store because of the free samples the older ladies would cook in the aisles. (then he'd Love Stew Leonard's here)
- has said his fave toys as a kid were Garbage Pail Kids & Micro Machines
- His black glasses are oakleys
- Somoene asked Zak what his favorite part of Halloween was His reply...
Death, Blood & Demons.. (I guess that's his version of --- drugs & Rock n Roll!)
- Lived in Detroit from 1998-2002
- Grew up in Forida & spent summers in Chicago
- Zak lived in Glen Ellis Illinois and graduated high School from there in 1995
- Zak was a banner barrer n the 4th of July parade for Lumbard West High School
- His favorite class...(I almost fell when I heard this) Poetry! (um Zak wanna read mine?)
- Tooele Hospital was one of his favorite episodes ever
- has said that the one thing missing in his life is true love
- he loves the macabre energy of Halloween which (mostly) everyone becomes submissable to on the day)
- He bench presses 275 pounds & does 320 pounds on some kind of Machine press
- He worked on his album NEcrofusion with Praga Kahn for a year
- prefers Silver to Gold.. actually I think he ONLY wears Silver.
- Zak says he LOVES the techno song at the beginning of "Blade" (movie)
- When a fan asked Zak (on twitter) who his Celeb crush was ; he said Danica Patrick .."hot girl who can drive a race car..Oh Yes"
- Zak & His sister were contestants on Wheel of Fortune Familyh week back in the mid 90s & they solved the final puzzle