A successful child means a successful parent
A successful child
A successful child means a successful country. And it is the responsibility of the society and most importantly parents to create successful child. But how can we do this? It’s not easy but its also not too difficult to build a bright future.
Myself as a child
If I go back to my childhood memories, I feel really proud of my parents. Today I am what I am just because of my parents. They have given me a good social behavior, taught me how to go ahead in life without getting jealous of others and lot many things. Its them from whom I have learnt how to nurture my child. Today when I am myself a mother to a little girl, I understand the importance of nurturing a child in a proper way and creating a successful child.
Steps for a making a successful child
According to me, following are the tips to grow a successful child:
- Love and affection – Give your child lots of love and affection. Love them so much that they don’t need to go out to search for love. It’s the absence of love in children’s home which make them do anti-social behaviors. A child becomes successful if someone understands the value of their success.
- Be a friend – Be your child’s best friend. Share their problems and provide them solutions for them. Let them know about your problems also if they are at the age of understanding them. Be friendly to them so that they rely on you first to tell anything happening in their life. Be frank with them.
- Do not create a terror environment – Do not make the home environment frightening for your child. If anything you don’t like about your child, sit with them, discuss the problem coolly and make them understand what you don’t like about your child. Make them realize that you are not angry with your child but their behavior is not appropriate and they should change them to be a successful person. But do not be too lenient. Create a self respect for yourself.
- Be creative with child – Play with your child, go out to parks, play some outdoor sports, go swimming, dancing, jogging, etc. Watch good movies together, discuss these movies. Go out for shopping and lunch. Go to library and read books together. Schedule proper time for watching TV so that they are not in a habit of watching more TV.
- Be a part of their studies – Be a part of their studies also. Discuss with them whatever happens at school, and whatever they learn at school. If you understand the subject, you can share your viewpoints on that. If not, you can ask questions about that to your child. This will help them learning fast.
- Teach them basic values of life – Teach your child about the basic values of life by showing real life examples which you can start from you only. For example, teach them how to help needy people by donating things to them, teaching poor children for free, etc. Teach them how to love others irrespective of race, caste and religion.
I think if any parent follows the above basic rules of nurturing a child, he can surely make a successful child, and hence he or she becomes a successful parent.