Top 3 Types of Diaper Bags for Dads
Daddy Diaper Bags
Baby swag has traditionally been designed with Mothers in mind, but companies have had to re-evaluate that idea now that more fathers are opting to stay at home to raise their children, and diaper bags are a great example of that change in baby gear fashion.
Couples everywhere are loving the co-ed diaper bag choices below. Let's take a look at some top diaper tote picks from dads around the world.
1. Backpack Style Diaper Bag
Anyone who's carried a typical over-the-shoulder diaper bag knows how awkward it can be. Many parents have experienced the muscle strain that accompanies this type of bag. A backpack style tote can significantly reduce the amount of strain on your back and leave your hands free.
Benefits of a Backpack Diaper Bag
- It spreads out the weight in a symmetrical way causing less strain on your shoulders and neck.
- It leaves your hands free for other, more important, parenting tasks.
- Multiple pockets for everything you need to carry.
- More space than the average diaper bag.
- Better posture because you're not leaning constantly from the weight.
- It can be hung from a stroller when you don't want to carry it.
- Most of them zip open completely making it easier to access all of your items.
- Many of them offer sections for laptops or tablets.
- Most of them are designed to look like stylish bags instead of bulky diaper bags.
Dads everywhere can enjoy the subtle nature of a backpack diaper bag. It holds everything they need but wears like a basic backpack.
2. Messenger Style Diaper Bags
Considered the all-star of diaper bags among fathers everywhere, this bag is stylish and practical. You can easily wear it to any occasion and blend in, while staying hands free. They come in a range of colors and designs, with many amazing features that make life easier for parents. Perhaps the best thing about these bags is how easy it is to grab an item out of it with just one hand.
Benefits of a Messenger Style Diaper Bag
- Slings over the shoulder for easy transport.
- Wears off to the side so you can easily carry other things.
- Can be hung from a stroller with ease.
- They have a handle for when you would rather carry it with your hand.
- You can quickly grab items from inside of the bag with just one hand.
- Zips almost fully open so it's easy to find items inside.
- Stylish and can be worn anywhere.
- Multiple pockets makes it easy to store a lot of stuff.
- Can usually hold a laptop and tablet.
- Dosen't look like a typical diaper bag.
- Slim design makes it easy to store and transport.
3. Wearable Diaper Bag Jacket / Vest
DadGear has come up with a genius idea for fathers on the go, a wearable diaper bag. You can find this design in the form of a jacket or a light vest. Dads can tuck the important necessities inside the jackets interior pouches.
Pros and Cons of a Wearable Diaper Bag Jacket
Cannot hold much
Nothing to carry around or store
May get bulky when too much is carried
Keeps you warm
Not ideal for hot weather
Now that you know more about each type of diaper bag, you can start looking at the different brands and designs. Bags come in different shapes, sizes, colors, and with multiple features. Choosing the right one is important, and it should suit your lifestyle. Remember, a diaper bag is not for your baby, it's for you.
© 2018 Meagan Ireland