Bullying Let’s Stop A Bullet Together ~
Be a Part of the Solution Stop the Bullet
Bullying is becoming an epidemic. The ill effects are now hitting all populations, starting as young as pre-school in some cases. These victims have limited resources to process both the consequences as well as the impact of its bullet. Bullying is altering our playgrounds. Are they a place for imaginary play or at times a maze through a living nightmare.
So why do we bully? What is accomplished by tearing down another person? Why can't we see we all have our part in bullying?
- Perhaps we say nothing and just stand by?
- Perhaps we know in our hearts we should speak up, but are thankful not to be the target?
- Are we even aware that we bully to begin with?
- Can bullying be an overt action?
- Can it be covert?
- Maybe it’s a mean look or opinionated glare a bad feeling left to go wild and poison so many by its rapid growth? I suppose it depends on your bullet of choice.
- Could it be sparked by our own inadequacy fearing we must take the attention off our own imperfections?
- Could it be we didn’t mean for it to get so out of hand, yet it was like trying to stop a boulder from running down a hill once it was released?
- Is it possible that once we released the bullet we wanted to jump in front of it before it landed on its target, but it was too late?
- Often we want to stop it and don't know how. Sadly we get trapped in our own web. Writhing in pain as we can not seem to untangle the vicious threads of our habitual banter.
How about trying to be more aware of it praying to make it an offense of the past? How about putting a seatbelt on bullying before someone else gets hurt? We don’t want to lose anyone else to bullying and we don't want you to be its next victim. What if instead of knocking someone down we help to pick someone up? How about we all work on treating others the way we want to be treated? Could we learn from our mistakes and hold one another accountable not with a judging eye but rather a forgiving heart?
You may be the bully or you may be the target, but believe it or not in this life you are a sinner, so my guess is you’ve been both. We can change this, we can learn a new way. A better more loving and honest way. We can learn to love as Christ loves us. One day at a time with a clean slate. No matter what we have done, He forgives. He died for us so no one else has to. We just have to keep learning to live like HIM. Luke 6:31 Do to others as would have them do to you So let’s STOP A BULLET together ~ PEACE
© 2012 The Stages Of ME