How to Choose the Best Sunscreen for Kids and Babies
Choosing the Best Sunscreen for Children and Babies....
Natural Sunscreen is an option that many parents are now choosing for their children and babies.
It 's that time of year again, and the sizzling heat of the sun, absolutely demands the very best sunscreen protection for your children! Many mom's today want a natural sunscreen for their kids.
Everyone is taking it off for Summer, and exposing more skin to the harmful rays of the sun! Babies, and in particular young children, will inevitably get more sun than most adults. What this means, is that your kids are going to need the best sunscreen protection available, to protect their delicate skin from the harmful effects of too much exposure to the sun.
Parents have many choices for sunscreen, but what do you need to look for in a sunscreen that you can be confident will protect your child. As I said before, a lot of parents are now looking for sunscreens with natural ingredients. Natural sunscreens are making their way onto the market at rapid speed. Finding a natural sunscreen locally, may not be as easy as ordering one online.
Kids just want to be outdoors all day, frolic and play in the water - and not think about anything but enjoying the sun and fun of Summer-time! Mommies, your job is to do whatever it takes to protect your young children's extremely vulnerable skin -- from the harmful effects of spending too much time, having fun with Mr. Summer Sun!
A Baby or young child's tender young skin, can actually burn within only minutes of exposure to the sun. Ensuring that your children are protected, and maybe trying a natural sunscreen, while spending time this Summer in the sun, requires a vigilant effort on the part of a parent. That begins first, by applying the best sunscreen you can possibly buy, to your little one's very delicate skin.
There are many good sunscreens on the market for babies and children. Finding the right one, whether it is a natural sunscreen, or one of the many popular mainstream brands can be confusing. But, there are some specific qualities about any sunscreen that the sunscreen that you choose for your children, must have. Whether it is a natural sunscreen, or other...
Sensitive Young Skin is Vulnerable Without Proper Protection While in the Sun...
- A Baby or young child's tender young skin, can actually burn within only minutes of exposure to the sun.
- Ensuring that your children are protected while spending time this Summer in the sun, requires a vigilant effort on the part of a parent.
- That begins first, by applying the best sunscreen you can possibly buy, to your little one's very delicate skin.
- A natural sunscreen may be the best choice for you children.
Warnings About the Harmful Rays of the Sun for Children.
The Department of Health urges citizens and visitors to local beaches, to protect against sunburn caused by ultraviolet (UV) rays and practice smart tanning procedures. Florida Dept of Health Advice For Everyone
What can and should a parent look for, when choosing a good sunscreen for your children? Here is a list of facts about picking the right sunscreen for children, and the most important and vital information, for you to know when you set out shopping to buy a sunscreen.
- Whether choosing a sunscreen for an infant or that preteen soccer player - there is important information that you need to know about - to ensure that the sunscreen you choose to buy, will provide the full protection for your baby or child's tender young skin while in the sun.
Use Sunscreen Liberally...
Three Facts to Help You Choose The Right Sunscreen for Kids:
1. The job of a sunscreen is to filter out the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays of the sun. These are the rays of the sun that cause skin cancer. UV rays are invisible to the eye. Skin cancer is less likely with proper protection and limited time spent in the sun.
2. Children need sunscreen and should wear it when going outside at all times. Those who are more vulnerable to the effects of UV rays; are those with lighter skin, skin that tends to turn red and burn more easily, and those who freckle. Also, blonds and redheads, as well as those with blue or green eyes are at higher risk for skin cancer.
3. Sunscreens come in a variety of forms, such as lotions, gels, foams and sprays. Not all sunscreens contain the same ingredients. If you child's skin reacts to one brand of sunscreen, try another. You should apply sunscreen on your children even on cloudy or cool days. Re-apply every two hours spent in the sun, right after swimming or doing things that make them sweat.
4. Due to the frequent re-applications that are necessary for you to most effectively protect your children from harmful sun exposure, a natural sunscreen should be considered for young children and babies in particular.
Cover Up From Head to Toe!
Five Safety Tips for Your Children in the Sun:
Avoid sun exposure during the hottest hours of the sun's rays (between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.).
Apply sunscreen with a SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 15, paying special attention to the face, nose, ears and shoulders. Apply sunscreen liberally, avoiding the eyes.
A sunscreen with a SPF of 30 more more should be used for children. Babies should not spend a lot of time in the sun, and your pediatrician should be consulted for babies under 6 months of age.
Don't forget your lips. Bring along a lip balm with a SPF of 15 or more.
Please DO consider a natural sunscreen, when choosing the best sunscreen for your kids.
An Aloe-based after-sun lotion is a great way to soothe your skin after a day in the sun.
The Safety of Your Childrens Skin - Information for you to Know about Sunscreens.
- Kabana Skin Care Precisely Natural Sunscreen Boulder Colorado Shea Cocoa Mango Butter Organic Fair T
Natural sunscreen Kabana Skin Care and Green Screen Organic Sunscreen created by Erik Kreider, petrochemical free organic skin care, sustainable free-trade practices, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic shea butter, cocoa butter, etc...
- Sun Safety
Protection From the Sun can be really Cool!
Write On! Acknowledgements and Requests...
If you have enjoyed this hub and found it to be helpful - please do give it a Thumbs-Up!
Also, I would like to invite you to join my Fan Club, or in other words become a friend of mine here on Hubpages. You will receive a notification when I publish a new article here on Hubpages.
I thank the Hubpage authors, whom I have linked to from this hub - for the great content that they provide, so that we are better able to find relevant and credible information on-line.
Really, you should join us here on HubPages.com and Publish Your Passion.