- Family and Parenting»
- Babies & Baby Care
Popular Baby Names | Most Common Baby Names in the Philippines
The most popular baby names vary depending on the country and religion. The most popular name in the world is Mohammed, This is the name of Muslim Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). One of the reason why Mohammed became the most popular name in the world because fellow Muslim brothers, those who belong to Islam religion have a very unique way on giving baby names to their sons and daughters. In the middle east, A baby girl or baby boy, carries the name of their father and grand father, that is why, almost everybody has the name of Mohammed.
First Name: Mohammed
Fathers Name: Mohammed
Grand fathers name: Mohammed
If the parents decided to name their baby "Mohammed" and the father has a name of Mohammed same with grandfather. The baby will be named, Mohammed Mohammed Mohammed and the Last Name or Surname. Same goes if she was a girl and her first name was "Fatima", her name would be Fatima Mohammed Mohammed followed by her Family name.
For girls the 3 most popular names in the world are
- Fatima - Fatima is Mohammed's daughter which is widely respected and love by Muslim.
- Aisha - Mohammed's beloved wife. Her name often prefixed, Mother of the believers.
- Maria - Mother of Jesus Christ. In Arabic it is Maryam, It is also popular name in Qatar and other middle east countries.
In my country, Philippines, almost all the girls have Maria on their name, and until now, mothers still like to give their daughters name Maria, and to make Maria shorter, It is usually written as Ma. followed by a second name and surname.
In some areas, sometimes the popular name depends on the current trend and situation. If someone is popular, mothers decide to give that name to his or her child. Usually the name of popular celebrities even on abroad or other countries affect the trend of names in the Philippines.
Most Common | Most Popular Names in the Philippines
Having First name and Second name
To give our children with not so common names, we can combine two names, or two popular names like
- Mark Anthony
- Aldrin Jose
- Hanz Edward
- Sean Paulo
- Zach Nathaniel
- Maria Bianca
- Rose Angela
- Mary Anne
- Fatima Ella
- Pamela Chloe
The advantage of using a popular name are
- It is easy to understand and memorize the name.
- The correct spelling and pronunciation are already establish.
- It is really beautiful name because it was acknowledge by many and people are always using the name.
The disadvantages of using a popular name are
- The name was too common, he will not be the only John or Peter in school.
- Difficult to get clearance certificate because of similar names to those who have unlawful cases.
- Popular names should fit on the babies character and personality.