- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Promoting Family Welfare by Regularly Doing One's Functions and Duties
It has often been said that life is a stage where everyone has roles to play. This is very true in the family where the father, the mother, and each child have each a part to perform.
The following are the functions and duties of every member of the family:
Father - the head of the family
• He is usually the provider or financier of the family.
• He is the disciplinarian.
• He is the spiritual head of the home.
• He protects the family.
• He sets a good example and plays as a role model of the children.
Mother - the light and guide of the farnily, the strength of the husband, the inspiration of the children.
• She takes care of the household such as cleaning the house, budgeting and preparing meals for the family, washing the clothes and the dishes, etc.
• She comforts the family members when they get ill.
• She takes care of the children and teach them good values.
• She is the one who patiently disciplines the children.
Children - fruits of parents' love for each other.
• The inspiration of the parents
• Help in doing household chores.
• Study hard and strive to do their best all the time.
• Obey, love and respect their parents.
When every family member does his or her part to promote the family's welfare, the family will have a strong, healthy and harmonious relationship.