Stay-at-home vs Working Mother
Do you enjoy being a stay-at-home mother?
For me, the answer is Yes and No.
This hub is not a comparison between a stay-at-home or a working mother, neither it is to prove which is better. It’s just my feelings as a stay-at-home mother and how do I see myself as a working mother in future.
I have been working previously but with the responsibilities of my first child, I had to leave my job. It was not an easy decision for me, but I had to choose between: sending my child to daycare or looking after her by myself.
I chose to take care of her by myself.
Now, let me explain the reasons for loving my role as a stay-at-home mother:
- I love the feeling of doing everything for my child by myself. I feel it’s my duty to fulfill all her needs. I love taking care of her, I love seeing her each and every activities and recording them in my camera as memories. I feel glad that I see her growing each moment.
- I feel secured especially when she is not doing well health wise. Whenever she is sick, not eating, teething, etc. I am with her. I know her problems, I try to find out solutions and being a mother I do it the best way. I know that she is in safe hands always.
- I have enough time to play with my child and teach her new things. I teach her each day with different kinds of activities. I play with her, take her to the park, and take her to malls. Every day she is learning new things. And, she is not alone. I am there with her to solve her silly questions. I am there to fulfill all her demands.
- I love to see her happy and healthy at the end of each day and love taking the credit for this. Her smiling and happy face makes me feel that I am doing things right way for her.
- I can prepare lots of new and healthy recipes for my child to eat. I have enough time to get ideas about baby/toddler food and play with various recipes. At the end of the day, there are things which I do in the right way.
- I don’t need to spend money in a day care for my child in the early stage. Moreover, when she starts going to daycare, she may not eat properly and may get sick frequently. I don’t have to worry about all these so soon.
But even after so much satisfaction, I feel something is missing in my life: that’s my job. I will list down the reasons why I feel that way:
- Self-respect - I have been working before and hence I know the value of one’s own earning. Job gives women and a mother a self-respect and confidence. It’s an additional jewel for any woman.
- Respect from children - When the child sees their mother working, they also become more confident and feel good about this. They respect their working mother. They want to become like their mothers.
- Spend lavishly – If a mother is also working, she can spend money lavishly without any burden. She can buy clothes, books, shoes, toys, etc. for her kids. She doesn’t have to count money every time before spending.
Both stay-at-home and working mothers have their own roles in their children’s life. Their way of nurturing their children is different but both are correct in their own way. Being a stay-at-home mom, I feel I am doing my best for my kid but in very near future I would like to see myself working and I feel that being a working mother also I will try to justify my role with my child.