- Family and Parenting
The Best Things About Babies
What do parents like most about their baby?
The answer to the question above should be, I like everything about my baby, well except the poop. It's been so long since my household has had a baby living in the home. There is something very different when a baby is in the home - something magical. Have you ever noticed that when someone carries a baby into the room the people in the room light up if they have taken notice of the baby? People want to touch and hold the baby as well. Why is that? A baby is special. Their faces and facial expressions are fantastic. There are certain things people enjoy about babies, so enough talk about how we light up when we see babies, let's take a look at some things we like best about babies.
A Baby's Smell
- Babies have a "baby" smell. I can't define what that is, but they just do. They don't need Johnson & Johnson lotion either to make them smell that way. The smell of a baby's head, in particular, is soothing. I tell you, their heads smell better than Downy! (SMILE). A baby's smell would make a great perfume if it could be bottled and sold.
A Baby's Feet
- Babies have the softest feet. To capture their babies feet parents have them inked on to their birth certificates. If you're like me, after I change a baby's diaper I kiss their feet and watch them curl their toes and laugh which brings me to the next best thing about babies.
A Baby's Laugh
- Oh, that wonderful laugh of a baby. When you hear it, you can't help but to laugh or smile yourself. Babies' laughter is so infectious. Babies laugh when you smile at them, when they hear music or hear someone singing, when they see or hear others laugh, when they are tickled, when they see something funny, or when they are playing. A baby's laugh can make you forget about your troubles; it can calm you; it can relax you and make you feel good all over.
A Baby's Fat Arms
- Those little fat arms are a joy to kiss and pinch - well, not a hard pinch. My oldest nephew was a big baby and had the fattest upper arms I had ever seen on a baby. They had plenty of rolls. We referred to his arms as Michelin Man arms, because they reminded us of the Michelin Tire Man.
A Baby's Touch
- Most of us have had a baby reach over and touch us. Those sweet little hands are nice to feel, except when their nails have not been cut - LOL! Baby's are strong and won't let go if they grab one of your fingers. A baby's touch may include some slobber, crumbs, or other types of baby food, but nevertheless their touch is always welcome. A baby's touch is soothing and never rejected. Everyone loves to feel a baby's touch. To add insult to injury, the nestling of their heads underneath your chin is just Heaven (SMILE).
A Baby's Facial Expressions
- I have seen the funniest baby facial expressions. Their faces express surprise, dislike, inquisitiveness, and sometimes disbelief. Have you ever seen a baby's face when they have tasted something they didn't like? The expression is hilarious.
A Baby's Toothless Grin (Smile)
- A baby's toothless grin is priceless! They also get hold of your hand and/or finger and begin to gnaw, and with no teeth. I call a baby with a toothless grin, Gumby.
A Baby's Babbling
- When I hear a baby babbling and making sounds it makes me smile. They don't have a care in the world, and are "talking" up a storm. A baby's babbling would make the Grinch take notice and smile. Have you ever wondered what a baby is saying? Or if the baby is really talking at all. A baby's voice is pleasant to the ears.