- Family and Parenting
Useful Babyshower Gifts
Baby Shower Cake
Gifts I Received at my Baby Shower
I am a mother of two boys, and my second son is only two months old. Before he was born my family threw me an awesome co-ed baby shower. Here are some of the items I received, beginning with the most received to least.
1. Clothes ranging from 3months-9months
2. Diapers ranging from newborn to size 2 (we held a diaper raffle, the winner received a gift worth $70) and boxes of wipes (super helpful)
3. Baby blankets, I live in beautiful Colorado and it gets cold lol (Receiving blankets and warmer ones)
4. Baby bath items such as lotions, bath wash, baby shampoo (my son has a full head of hair so this was an amazing gift), baby bath robe and baby towels
5. Toys such as rattles, stuffed animals and noise makers
6. Bottles, bottle cleaners, pacifiers, and grooming kits
7. Formula for newborns and up
8. We also received a baby bouncer, and a baby swing
Tips to Remember
When buying your baby shower gifts, remember these tips.
- If you are buying larger toys, think about how much space is available in the parents' home
- When buying baby clothes. Opt for larger sizes like 3-6 months or even 9 months versus newborn sizes. My son grew out of the newborn clothes in about 3 weeks (he was 6lbs 13oz when born and wasn't even able to wear everything he received.
- When buying diapers, size 1 is best. Again the newborn size goes by fast.
- When buying wipes, opt for the large box instead of the individuals, they are usually about $12 and a better deal overall
- Instead of the normal baby lotions, opt for a thicker baby lotion made by Eucerin or Aveeno (baby skin is very sensitive and dries out really easily)
My son and I
Items I bought myself
As a mother, certain things you want to purchase on your own. You know what is best for your child and you must make choices that will help you on your journey to being a great mom to your little one(s). These are the items I purchased in order to help me be prepared for the lifestyle I wanted to have with my children.
- My first large purchase was his bedding. I wanted something durable, comfortable, and space conscientious. I went with an infant bassinet that changes into a crib, then into a playpen. I bought it from Amazon.com it's called the Graco Pack 'N Play with Newborn Napper Elite, Vance I was fortunate to have an auntie who gave me a beautiful crib later on to use when he gets older, that also changes into a Children's bed.
- My second large purchase was a stroller/car seat combo. The car seat only lasts until he reaches 30 lbs but I couldn't pass up the deal. I bought it through Target and love it. The stroller moves so smooth and can easily be controlled with one hand. My older son and I love to go for walks so this purchase was a must. Also, it's a great way to start walking and exercising postpartum.
- Next, I bought less expensive items such as a baby bath tub specifically the Fischer-Price 4-in-1 Sling'n Seat Tub. My little one loves his bath time too so this was a great purchase and it also grows with my child from infant to 2 yrs old. I bought cute little clothes I couldn't refuse to buy and more specific items after he was born. He developed really dry skin, so we had to buy baby eczema cream/lotion (Aveeno and Eucerin) and it worked amazingly well.
- I also bought a baby carrier from Target by the brand Infantino. I was so afraid to put him in the car seat and set it on the shopping carts at the grocery store. Those things are not stable enough in my opinion to hold my tiny baby. Anyway, it was such a good buy. I had to go to the DMV and my husband works so much I had to bring my little man. The way the carrier was set up allowed my son to cuddle and rest his head on my chest. Mind you he was only about a month old. He was so comfy he slept the entire time. I love that thing. Every time I have to run to the store I use it. It is so much easier than carrying his car seat everywhere.
*Thank you for reading. I hope this helps and you have fun picking out gifts for your loved ones!